Options

Passed ccent! =d

Drift KingDrift King Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello every1!,

I just passed CCENT with a score of 900 which is practically good =] i am 15 yrs of age and i took courses at learning centres and my dad bought the lab and we started preparing it with all the wires n stuff n read the sybex book n watched the CBT nuggets vidoes then practiced all the labs at home finished everything within 1 month =] i just wanted to share it with you as this forum was really helpful.

Thx TECHEXAMS!
If u challenge the best u die like the rest!

Comments

• Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Congrats on the pass
  • Options
    WilliamK99WilliamK99 Member Posts: 278
    Congrats and Good Luck on your continuing journey!
  • Options
    bubble2005bubble2005 Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Way to go bud.icon_cheers.gif
    Think Big Stay Focus: In the midst of all situations, think positive.:thumbup:
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
  • Options
    TBellamyTBellamy Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Excellent! Way to go. I wish I had gotten started on Cisco when I was 15. But, then again, when I was 15 computers had just stopped using vacuum tubes and computer memory used magnetic cores the size of hocky pucks.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Good Luck with your ICND2 studies!! icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats!!
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! At 15, though, are you just using the certs as a knowledge base or are you working your way up to get a job straight out of high school? Don't go too far up the cert ladder without practical experience, it doesn't look that great! If you can, volunteer somewhere that will help give you networking experience.

All certs and no experience makes a resume look bad. icon_sad.gif

But, if you do get the experience (and not just in a home lab), you could work your way up to the CCIE while you are in college.
  • Options
    Drift KingDrift King Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you every1!! i will be starting soon on the ICND2 studies after school starts..

Well im setting a knowledge base for a start AND im trying to have the best qualifications for a good university and by finishing university i think i will have the courage to take the CCIE exam so then when i look for a job it would be very ideal to start my life =] currently my father's friend owns and runs a testing center and a learning center in the same building and i know how it runs there with the cisco routers n stuff n i help them set it up and everything so not everything is around my home lab ;)
    If u challenge the best u die like the rest!
  • Options
    djhss68djhss68 Member Posts: 205
    PC509,

I don't understand the "certs look bad without experience" argument. How so? I don't see how that makes sense, unless you brain **** your way through it. I am 1 test away from earning my MCSA and have learned a TON over the past 6 months. I also have NO experience. Would it be better if I just learned all the relevant material and skipped taking the exams and earning the cert? I don't think so. An employer will want some assurance that you know the basics and know what your doing.
  • Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Actually it makes alot of sense. I know as a employer I would take someone with real world expierence over someone with just theory. Someone with just theory does not have the same knowledge with someone who has been out there and trouble shoot network problems. I been in the field for 16 years and I have interview many MCSE and CCNA and let me tell you most of them have no clue even how to troubleshoot a simple DHCP problem.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    jbrad95706jbrad95706 Member Posts: 225
  • Options
    mella060mella060 Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Actually it makes alot of sense. I know as a employer I would take someone with real world expierence over someone with just theory.

Ok so what if i were to spend 6 months or whatever going through the BSCI course, master all the theory and set up a heap of networks in GNS. That has to count for something right ? I mean that is more then just theory.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratz, I wish I had been that devoted when I was in High School.
  • Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mella060 wrote: »
    Actually it makes alot of sense. I know as a employer I would take someone with real world expierence over someone with just theory.

Ok so what if i were to spend 6 months or whatever going through the BSCI course, master all the theory and set up a heap of networks in GNS. That has to count for something right ? I mean that is more then just theory.

Sure it is expierence but here is goes the other side of the idea. You ever actually talk to ISP to connect the wan links and setup the routers and run the correct wiring in a lab? Trust me there is alot of expierence there. The next thing ever have a issue in your lab where the ISP swears there T1 or whatever Wan link you use is error free and that it is something in your config ? More expierence there. I done it many times and trust me ISP are far from friendly. These guys do not know anything but what they are train for. They rarely think outside the box and if their test check back great then it is the other side of demarc.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    Dell_TechDell_Tech Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Trying to get hold of CCNA asap. Scored 888 in CCENT. Wish I could have scored more than 920. Anyway it was a nice test.

BIG JOURNEYS ALWAYS START WITH A SMALL STEP FORWARD.