Options

CEH v6

fosterrfosterr Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I would like to take CEH v6 exam, can anyone help me with the best approach to tackle this exam. I have heard about CEH Prem guide but i am not sure if it covers a CEH v6 content. How is the official CEHv6 guide, can it be good enough to use?

Comments

• Options
    GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    fosterr wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I would like to take CEH v6 exam, can anyone help me with the best approach to tackle this exam. I have heard about CEH Prem guide but i am not sure if it covers a CEH v6 content. How is the official CEHv6 guide, can it be good enough to use?

The official guide is good enough to pass the exam.
    The prep guide I would go through after you've passed the exam. It covers all content in vast detail.
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm looking at the slides and too much information and need a lot of time and experience to get thru the passing grade
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Options
    fosterrfosterr Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would just settle for the Official guide for now.
    I have realised that there is no much information on CEHv6 available at the moment. Has anyone passed the Exam lately, maybe they can share their experience with us.
  • Options
    GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    fosterr wrote: »
    I would just settle for the Official guide for now.
    I have realised that there is no much information on CEHv6 available at the moment. Has anyone passed the Exam lately, maybe they can share their experience with us.

I passed it about a mth ago. The guide and hands on experience with the main tools will get you through the exam. The prep guide will push your knowledge far beyond what's needed for the exam. I think reading the prep guide made the exam that much harder. The questions don't go into the detail i was preparing for. The exam is more theory than practical and there point isn't to be a guru on each individual tool but to know what the main ones currently are, the main system vulnerabilities and countermeasures to those vulnerabilities
  • Options
    coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am trying to find the official guide for V6 but have a hard time finding is somehow, can't find it on amazon as well....any suggestions? even the link on EC-Council website takes you to the old book (V5) on amazon, appreciate some feedback.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I heard the exams were basically identical. I'm just using the old resources. My exam's about two weeks out, so stay tuned...
  • Options
    coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sweet! keep us updated then.
  • Options
    LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    I heard the exams were basically identical. I'm just using the old resources. My exam's about two weeks out, so stay tuned...

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
  • Options
    carboncopycarboncopy Member Posts: 259
    LukeQuake wrote: »
    Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

dynamik
    Security Engineer
    Registered Member

dynamik.gif?dateline=1252289993

Certifications: Most Recent: CEH & CWSP

:P