Options

so i bought this book in 2002

timortimor Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
The CISSP prep guide

Krutz and Vines

How much of it would still be relevant?

Am i wasting my time with it? Been using the practice exams at freepracticetests.org. Alot of the explanations to the exam questions are a few years old.

The only thing I have read so far is that ITSEC etc has been replaced with some Common Criteria questions.

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    timor wrote: »
    The CISSP prep guide

Krutz and Vines

How much of it would still be relevant?
    Much of it is still relevant. The CISSP exam contains many references to the earlier history of Information Security, so older text are still useful. However, I would not use K&V as a primary study text for the CISSP because it certainly does not contain newer information that may appear in items on the CISSP exam.
    Been using the practice exams at freepracticetests.org. Alot of the explanations to the exam questions are a few years old.
    Realize that the Q&A at freepracticeexams.org are contributed by ordinary people, and are neither professionally written nor brain ****. They are good practice to find out what you still don't know, but are hardly a complete representation of the entire CISSP CBK.
    The only thing I have read so far is that ITSEC etc has been replaced with some Common Criteria questions.
    And that is completely incorrect. There will always be a few references to the Orange Book in the CISSP exam. It is an important part of InfoSec history, like the Vigenere Cipher, and demonstrates the development of modern InfoSec systems.
  • Options
    timortimor Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the reply.

will go and update my book