Options

JNCIA-ER study materials (labs) needed. Pls Help!

mickypogimickypogi Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello there,

Im planning to study for the JNCIA-ER exam this year but the problem is , i dont have any juniper router to play with. While searching in this forum, seems like there might be some emulations that i can use to operate JUNOS. I have seen things like Olive, qemu, singtel VMware but at this moment they seem to kind of difficult to understand yet on my innocent brain.

Would anyone can help me how to setup this things . any simple step by step instructions will do or any links will be a great help. Also pls tell me what are the things /software / devices do i need to set these up. Im no good in linux/unix which i think the Freebsd is needed here. VMWAre might be useful for this. Pls help!

Comments

• Options
    seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    mickypogi wrote: »
    Hello there,

Im planning to study for the JNCIA-ER exam this year but the problem is , i dont have any juniper router to play with. While searching in this forum, seems like there might be some emulations that i can use to operate JUNOS. I have seen things like Olive, qemu, singtel VMware but at this moment they seem to kind of difficult to understand yet on my innocent brain.

Would anyone can help me how to setup this things . any simple step by step instructions will do or any links will be a great help. Also pls tell me what are the things /software / devices do i need to set these up. Im no good in linux/unix which i think the Freebsd is needed here. VMWAre might be useful for this. Pls help!

There are several sites/blogs you can use to build an Olive.

About:

Olive - JuniperClue

"Hardware" Juniper Olives are what I built. Here's what worked for me:

Juniper Olive Install
    Juniper Olive Install: Juniper Olive

That seemed to piggy back off of Sid Smokes:
    Sid Smokes

My network cards were purchased from eBay based on recommendations
    from JuniperClue:
    Olive - JuniperClue
    Lab first, ask questions later