Options

pay as it relates to working in a large city

wweboywweboy Member Posts: 287 ■■■□□□□□□□
Well last week and this week have been great as far as jobs for me. I have a phone interview tomorrow with a well known bank for a contract gig. But the better nwes is I have a face to face with a large Minnesota company but I won't mention names.

Anyway both positions are downtown and its awesome I've already been told how much per hour the bank job will pay and it was a lot less then expected but my question is more about this other company.

I was told that because they are located downtown I'll get more compared to when I've worked in the suburbs. Is this true? (a friend mentioned that too me) I haven't bothered to ask about pay or anything like that I want them to bring it up but if they do I want to be prepared.

I want 40k but I don't know if that is too much or too little I made 38k my previous job and if offered that I'd take it again but I'm hoping to finally break 40k mark.

Typically when asked I ask for scale or a broad number like 38 to 43 but I don't want to price myself out and I always mention I'm willing to negotiate.

If you guys could give me some pointers and what not or some good resources to look up to get a good ball park figure of what my income should be that would be awesome I don't want to screw up my chances working for a good company in a great great location for my needs over pay.

Thanks.

Comments