Study Strategies

nevernotnevernot Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,
I am planning on getting my MCSA starting with 70-270.
I was wondering what are good study strategies. Is a list of sample questions and some basic knowledge enough or do i need a book?
I have taken courses focused around the 290, 293 and exchange tests, but the actual certs weren't offered.
I am working with a very tight budget so cost is a factor here.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Comments

• JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    Check out my progress here, this will probably answer a few questions:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/70-270-windows-xp-professional/45165-jockvsjocks-path-70-270-cert.html
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • ObdurateObdurate Member Posts: 108
    nevernot wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am planning on getting my MCSA starting with 70-270.
    I was wondering what are good study strategies. Is a list of sample questions and some basic knowledge enough or do i need a book?
    I have taken courses focused around the 290, 293 and exchange tests, but the actual certs weren't offered.
    I am working with a very tight budget so cost is a factor here.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

My study strategy tends to run this way: 10 questions, what ever ones I got wrong, heavy review on that topic. So if I got a RIS question wrong, I review RIS.

Then I go onto another 10 and so on. If I get a 100% I move up to 15 questions.

Now when I take my 270 exam and pass, I can give you a definitive answer if it works or not.

Obdurate
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The books help. You can find them cheap on amazon, usually around $15-$20. you can also write off the cost of certs as education on your taxes.