I passed...ICND2...YEAH!!!!

davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
Thanks one and all!!! I passed the ICND2 this morning with a 945/1000 and am very pleased with my result... Now I am a CCNA (obviously)... Thanks Guys!!!

On to the MCSE...

I will miss this forum... (david wipes away his tears with his score report)...

See you all again in the CCNP forums in about 6 months!!!

Regards,
David
Failure is a stepping stone to success...

Comments

• human151human151 Member Posts: 208
    Congratulations.

welcome to the club
    Welcome to the desert of the real.

BSCI in Progress...

Cisco LAB: 1x 2509
    1X2621
    1x1721
    2x2950
    1x3550 EMI
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I passed
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    I will miss this forum...
    No need to miss the forum -- you can still come back and visit (and answer questions to help the noobs) when you need a study break from the MCSE! :D

Good Luck with your MCSE studies!! icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratz, on completing your CCNA and good luck on MCSE.
  • davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
    human151- You dont know how good I feel!!! Thanks glad to be a part of it!!!

mikej412- Of course I will be back!!! The ccna-ccent forum is my homepage and I check out the latest posts and reply to the ones I can... That wont change... I meant, missing the forum in the way that I have asked all the questions that I needed too...i sadly wont post new topics for a while... But I will ALWAYS be answering other noob posts because I know how it feels when a certified person tells you that you can do it!!! Thanks heaps Mike!!!

wastedtime- I will need alot of luck for the MCSE... I hear the 70-291 is a killer aka the beast, however I hope it all goes okay...Thanks!!!

Regards,
    David
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    great news, congrats on the pass, good luck with the MCSE
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • ziggi138ziggi138 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass.
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Congrats on the pass man. Awesome score. Good luck on your MCSE and future CCNP studies.
  • dave151dave151 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done and good luck with the MCSE
    If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    If it is broke, did you try to fix it?
  • ncsugrad2002ncsugrad2002 Member Posts: 131
    Quick question.. I'm sure I could find the answer via google in about 2 minutes

But how much does it typically costs to take all of the test(s) required for MCSE? I've never done much research on it.

Oh, and congrats!
  • GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Quick question.. I'm sure I could find the answer via google in about 2 minutes

But how much does it typically costs to take all of the test(s) required for MCSE? I've never done much research on it.

Oh, and congrats!

7 exams at $150usd if you only do MS electives.
    GAngel wrote: »
    7 exams at $150usd if you only do MS electives.

I can confirm the above...

It is expensive but I think it pays itself back in a reasonably short period of time (not the case with some IT certification exams)...

Why, you interested?
    I can confirm the above...

It is expensive but I think it pays itself back in a reasonably short period of time (not the case with some IT certification exams)...

Why, you interested?

Yep..well, slightly. I need to go ahead and take the CCNA though first. I've been ready for it for months now and just haven't had the $$ to spend to go take the test icon_sad.gif

I need to quit buying lab equipment and spend some $$ on the test instead, icon_lol.gif
  • thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck and see you in six months as well in CCNP. I have MCSE so plan on CCNA and then CCNP/
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • MikeO5422MikeO5422 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great score. You should be very proud! Good luck on those damn MS exams!
    MikeO5422 wrote: »
    Great score. You should be very proud! Good luck on those damn MS exams!

Damn MS exams is right!!! The questions look like they were written by lawyers!!! They are soooo long...I love cisco exams, there is no grey area you either know it or you dont!!! Thanks.

ncsugrad2002- Knock out your CCNA and lets get MCSA together!

thenjduke- yep will see you in ccnp!!! How long did your mcse take ya?
    Damn MS exams is right!!! The questions look like they were written by lawyers!!! They are soooo long...I love cisco exams, there is no grey area you either know it or you dont!!! Thanks.

ncsugrad2002- Knock out your CCNA and lets get MCSA together!

thenjduke- yep will see you in ccnp!!! How long did your mcse take ya?

Haha, I was actually watching the CBT Nugget videos the other day and Jeremy was talking about being asked to write books/practice questions for both Cisco and MS exams. He said on the Cisco exams they asked for the most straight forward, black/white type questions where you either knew it or didn't. On Microsoft exams he said publishers asked for the craziest double negative, confusing ways of asking questions.

Typical Microsoft. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • trackittrackit Member Posts: 224
    having taken the MCSE 2003 track, i would say its not THAT bad :) yeah, MS questions were longer etc, but i almost never had problems understanding the question (and i didnt fail any of the MCSE exams)
  • tenroutenrou Member Posts: 108
    MS exams require a lower score to pass so while the questions can sometimes be a little bit muddier than the Cisco questions they offer a bit more slack in getting more questions wrong and still passing.