VCP ID Confusion

jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
Now I tried to schedule the "upgrade" exam for VCP4 (I know there is none, but I call it that as I already have 3) and it was a pain in the neck to get logged into their website (VUE - forgot that the username = email).

Anyway, I have my VCP Certificate here .. Number under the logo is 27xxx but when I finally managed to log into my VUE account, it says "VCP ID: VCP031xxx"

Now is there a mistake on either the site or certificate or are those numbers two complete different ones ?
My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p

Comments

• kimanydkimanyd Banned Posts: 103
    I have no clue where my certificate is, but that may be some sort of alternate numbering, maybe the number of people who've done that version. Your VCP ID starts with VCP.
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    kimanyd wrote: »
    I have no clue where my certificate is, but that may be some sort of alternate numbering, maybe the number of people who've done that version. Your VCP ID starts with VCP.

The weird thing is, the letter, which came with the certificate says, and I quote
    Your VCP number is 27xxx. If you were already a VCP you will keep the same number.

So VUE has a VCP ID starting with "VCP" where the certificate / welcome letter states a number without "VCP".
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • kimanydkimanyd Banned Posts: 103
    They're different numbers. I just had VMware send confirmation of my status as a VCP to another employer, and that used a different number than what VUE has for me.
  • ntvinh986ntvinh986 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Gomjaba wrote: »
    Now I tried to schedule the "upgrade" exam for VCP4 (I know there is none, but I call it that as I already have 3) and it was a pain in the neck to get logged into their website (VUE - forgot that the username = email).

Anyway, I have my VCP Certificate here .. Number under the logo is 27xxx but when I finally managed to log into my VUE account, it says "VCP ID: VCP031xxx"

Now is there a mistake on either the site or certificate or are those numbers two complete different ones ?

Hi all, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!