Jean andrews A+ material

lambov12lambov12 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
i have read alot on these forums about other authors of A+ study material, however where i am studying i have been given the jean andrews 2006 A+ book and it seems pretty good i was wondering if anyone else has used it and what they thought of it??

Comments

• L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    I had an A+ class in college that used a Jean Andrews book. I never did take the cert, so I can't say for sure in that regard. The book itself seemed pretty good. It definitely had a lot of useful info in it. It seemed more general than a book that is geared for cramming for the A+. This was back in 2004 I think, so I dunno about the new stuff. It is however always advisable to use more than one study source. Don't put all your eggs in that one basket.
    I bring nothing useful to the table...
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    My recommendations are for Mike Meyers "All-in-One" and/or the Sybex A+ book.

It is recommended to have more then 1 source.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • lambov12lambov12 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yeah i am using more than one source mostly internet based free stuff and i keep messing around with my systems and network at home to test out anything that is new to me, not alot tbh, but yeh i agree the jean andrews book is not a cram guide lol thanks for the feedback guys ill let u know how i get on :)
  • Rebster40Rebster40 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'll have to vouch the Mike Meyers book. I started off with the A+ for dummies and I really didn't like it at all. I started reading the Meyers..and it is a huge difference.
  • lambov12lambov12 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    may have to take a look at this book your all suggesting lol :)
  • logisticalstyleslogisticalstyles Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've read the Jean andrews book and I don't recommend it. I prefer the Mike Meyers book.
  • JharlJharl Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I recently went back to school to finish my degree and found myself having to complete two classes for the A+ in which the Jean Andrews books are used. I found them to be way to much reading. The Mike Myers All in One is much better and is focused on what you need to know to pass the Comptia exam.
  • WeselpWeselp Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i really liked the way the mike meyers book was written. It didnt assume you all ready knew everything. It took the time to explain all the little details. I especially liked having all my spec charts in one book.
  • skwira001skwira001 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think she makes too many stupid errors in her book. I would suggest a different author.