ISP issues today?

colink24colink24 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
Anyone else have serious issues with their ISP today, particularly those in corporate environments with managed services?

Looks like some major issues in Europe affecting a large number of clients. Anyone heard of anything?

Comments

• thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We use ATT and Verizon here in New Jersey, USA and I do not see any issues.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • ncsugrad2002ncsugrad2002 Member Posts: 131
    colink24 wrote: »
    Anyone else have serious issues with their ISP today, particularly those in corporate environments with managed services?

Looks like some major issues in Europe affecting a large number of clients. Anyone heard of anything?

No issues here in NC
  • KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    My DC is in Essex by the bridge and I am the comms guy and I have had heard nothing. Which ISP ? We have most of the major ones here. Could be just a local fault.

Unlike BTs fault a month or so ago when some builders drilling a bore hole for new foundations went smack bang through the centre of huge core of fibres going into the exchange nearby which serves most of east london. Est cost of that one is about £3 billion or so I hear.
    Kam.
  • colink24colink24 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Kaminsky wrote: »
    My DC is in Essex by the bridge and I am the comms guy and I have had heard nothing. Which ISP ? We have most of the major ones here. Could be just a local fault.

Unlike BTs fault a month or so ago when some builders drilling a bore hole for new foundations went smack bang through the centre of huge core of fibres going into the exchange nearby which serves most of east london. Est cost of that one is about £3 billion or so I hear.

We are with COLT, seems it is affecting a large number of clients
    We have a good few COLT circuits in here and no issues I know about. Think COLT do typically come over BT for the last KM though.

Either way, sounds like their side of the demarc if all your circuits are having the problem.
    Kam.
  • stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    Kaminsky wrote: »

We saw that one, was nice seeing a hundred of our circuits go down at once, and spending about a week or two to get it sorted....
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
    tiersten wrote: »

Surprised that didn't re-route through Leuven looking at that map. That gap is one of the busiest shipping lanes in the world so wondering what caused the break. Some are saying it was a DDOS attack which would surprise me more.
    Kam.