ICND1 vs ICND2

416_guy416_guy Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
for those who have taken them, which one would was more difficult?

Comments

• jmc012jmc012 Member Posts: 134
    416_guy wrote: »

I will tell you in about three hours, I'm getting ready to head out for my ICND2 test. icon_smile.gif
  • stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    It depends on your mind and experience. I'm a technical/mathematical person, so I found the overloading of basic concepts and theory in ICND1 harder to remember than anything in ICND2, despite ICND2 really being a harder subject matter.

If I find something boring, I find it hard to remember, and I unfortunately found half of ICND1 boring, hence why it kept tripping me up in the composite exam, and I had to study hard to pass it in the split exam format (got an 874), whereas I barely had to do any study the week before the ICND2, and got a 945.

If you are someone that can learn photographically, and thinks more conceptual, then ICND1 may be easier, but I am a learn by doing person, and theres more to DO in ICND2, than there is to learn.
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • kevin31kevin31 Member Posts: 154
    stuh84 wrote: »
    It depends on your mind and experience. I'm a technical/mathematical person, so I found the overloading of basic concepts and theory in ICND1 harder to remember than anything in ICND2, despite ICND2 really being a harder subject matter.

If I find something boring, I find it hard to remember, and I unfortunately found half of ICND1 boring, hence why it kept tripping me up in the composite exam, and I had to study hard to pass it in the split exam format (got an 874), whereas I barely had to do any study the week before the ICND2, and got a 945.

If you are someone that can learn photographically, and thinks more conceptual, then ICND1 may be easier, but I am a learn by doing person, and theres more to DO in ICND2, than there is to learn.

Great explanation!

I can relate im the same find the theory hard to rember but all the hands on alot simpler
    LAB - 4 X 2651XM's 1 X 2620 3 X 2950 1 X 2509 AS 1 X 3550
  • jmc012jmc012 Member Posts: 134
    416_guy wrote: »

Well, now I can say I found ICND2 quite a bit easier than ICND1. I think mainly because it didn't have as many sims, simlets, etc. It's not easy though. icon_smile.gif Half way through and down to 25 minutes I was about ready to give up, then the last half of the test flew by with time to spare. One sim kind of shook my confidence so I took advice I learned from here and fixed what I could, did a copy run start and moved on after 12 minutes. I'm sure I could of fixed it but I just couldn't spare anymore time. Good Luck!
  • 416_guy416_guy Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great thanks for the input guys!

I currently have 640-802 scheduled for next week. I originally had this 640-802 scheduled way back when it was $125 but I kept pushing it back till now and eventually I decided to take the two way path knowing how intense the single exam is.

Anyways now that I have 640-822 under my belt and having been through a Cisco exam I'll know what to do expect =D