Options

Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Console Question

t3ch_gurut3ch_guru Member Posts: 166
I am putting a policy in place for our terminal servers and I need to be able to exclude directories. I am able to find the area where you can exclude extensions. When you select custom scans you are able to tel it to scan particular folders. Ex. The Windows System folder.

But, can you tell it to exclude an extract direct like... %systemroot%\system32\spool.

My brain is fried right now, I was on the phone with Symantec for regarding backupexec. So I'm not thinking straight right now.

Version:11.0.4

Thanks in advance.
Knowledge is Power.

Comments

• Options
    Anybody?
    Knowledge is Power.
  • Options
    unclericounclerico Member Posts: 237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    t3ch_guru wrote: »
    I am putting a policy in place for our terminal servers and I need to be able to exclude directories. I am able to find the area where you can exclude extensions. When you select custom scans you are able to tel it to scan particular folders. Ex. The Windows System folder.

But, can you tell it to exclude an extract direct like... %systemroot%\system32\spool.

My brain is fried right now, I was on the phone with Symantec for regarding backupexec. So I'm not thinking straight right now.

Version:11.0.4

Thanks in advance.

Sure...under Policies -> Centralized Exceptions -> Create or Edit a Centralized Exceptions Policy -> Centralized Exceptions -> Add...-> Folder -> Prefix Variable drop-down includes several predefined variables including [SYSTEM] which expands to C:\Windows\System32
    Preparing for CCIE Written
  • Options
    Wow it was right in front of me lol. Thanks a lot!
    Knowledge is Power.
  • Options
    unclericounclerico Member Posts: 237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    t3ch_guru wrote: »
    Wow it was right in front of me lol. Thanks a lot!

hasn't anyone ever told you that the worst place to put things is right in front of your face?? lol, it's sooooo true though. i'm glad you found it!!!
    Preparing for CCIE Written