Options

What books are good?

tunerXtunerX Member Posts: 447 ■■■□□□□□□□
What books are good for this certification. I just bought the DESGN Ciscopress book and the the CCDA certification guide. I figure that both of those should be enough and take about 1.5 weeks to read.

Comments

• Options
    forbeslforbesl Member Posts: 454
    tunerX wrote:
    What books are good for this certification. I just bought the DESGN Ciscopress book and the the CCDA certification guide. I figure that both of those should be enough and take about 1.5 weeks to read.
    Cisco Press CCDA/CCDP Flash cards would round out your studies.
  • Options
    I was looking at the used ones on Amazon. I figured I would get those when I started studying for the CCDP. I guess it wouldn't hurt to get them early.

Thanks
  • Options
    I passed the CCDA today. I read the Exam Certification Guide and the Design Solution book. I read the exam cert guide first, took the included tests, then filled in the blanks with the solutions book. The cert guid missed some topics but the solutions guide filled in the missing information. No flash cards have been necessary for any of my certifications. The only practice exams I took were the ones that come with the exam cert guide. For practice testing you should not have the correct answers displayed when you get a question wrong. You should note the question then read the sections in the books that relate to the questions.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congratulations with the new certification!

What's next, CCDP?
  • Options
    Absolutely, it is only one more test. The only problem is that the ARCH book is not for sale until mid to late November. I bit my tongue and ordered the flash cards cert pack so I have something to read in the mean time.
  • Options
    Just noticed you passed. Congrats. CCDA was actually one of the harder exams I've taken.
  • Options
    Thanks. I will be taking the CCDP test (ARCH) on Thursday. Then I start studying for the CCIE R&S written.
  • Options
    I passed the ARCH test, and am now a CCDP.

Since the book is not available for purchase yet, I had to use other means for studying. I used the ARCH course book that is available when you take the ARCH course. I did not take the course but just happened to know someone that let me borrow their pdf. The ARCH course book has everything you need to know for the test.

I should have slit my wrists after buying the CCDA/CCDP flash card pack because I only ended up reading the QRG at the end of the book. The flash cards are useless if you can get a copy of the ARCH course book.

The testlets were a big deal just like in the DESGN test. I believe they are weighted heavier.
  • Options
    tunerX wrote:
    I passed the ARCH test, and am now a CCDP.
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif