Options

Potential Position as a Server Analyst

Hi guys:

I have been a member of this forum for a while now. I have appreciated your suggestions in the past and would like your input on what may be presented to me soon as a challenge. A position as come up where the agency has approached me with a position. At first, I thought it was a simple Desktop Analyst or Service Desk position. They asked me if I would like to work as a Windows/Solaris Server Analyst.

I have had experience working with Linux - in a small server environment running MySQL and managing DHCP. I have also taken about 100 class-time hours of Linux. In addition, I have had many hours configuring Windows 2003 Server machines. I was wondering what you guys would recommend to help me overcome my fear of Solaris/UNIX a bit more. I know that the agency will help me gain knowledge on Solaris, but I would like to have some advantage if they make the offer "on-paper" to do the job.
From Security+ book by Sybex:
"One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."

Comments