JNCIP-ISIS Case study

toufiqtoufiq Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
Dear all,

I have configured ISIS but I need to clarify some points related to policy creation on ISIS routers while these routers speaking with OSPF enabled routers.

I have configured default policy on R6 & R8 towards OSPF router but on the same time i configured default policy on OSPF router with reject command.

can any body clarify that, why we need a default policy with reject command on OSPF router.

Regards,
Toufiq

Comments

• hoogen82hoogen82 Member Posts: 272
    Hi Toufiq

I just started to work on the IS-IS chapter... So not much of a help for now until I reach that section.. But what default policy are you talking about? Do you mean the default route? I believe this is on R6 and R7 from what it looks.

-Hoogen
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • toufiqtoufiq Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks.
    Yes you are right, its default policy on R6 & R7 towards OSPF network.
    but we also defined the default policy on OSPF routers with reject command.

My question is that, why we need this policy on OSPF router with reject command or if we do not apply then what will be happened.

currently, i am studying the theory of ISIS but such points needs to be understand.

Regards,
    Toufiq
  • toufiqtoufiq Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks to all,

I have just discussed the below issue with JNCIE-M expert.
    we are basically defining the default route policy from OSPF to ISIS to restrict the default traffic again back to ISIS network.

and on the other hand we have defined default policies on R6 & R7 router for the connectivity of ISIS with OSPF.

After applying these policies, OSPF router will be able to load balance on default route.

I have completed my ISIS case studies and today I ma going to start OSPF lab examples and case studies.

Regards,
    Toufiq