Options

70-621 Scheduled for 9/21

bobbaftbobbaft Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
Using Transcender and CBT Nuggets to cram.

FYI: 25% off certain tests via Prometric (70-621 included!)

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/offers/Career.aspx

Comments

• Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    good luck!!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    486cpu486cpu Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck! I plan to sit this exam in the next few weeks.
  • Options
    bobbaftbobbaft Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the above "good lucks"!

Passed with a 733 & 820 on the two segments.

I'm a little disappointed with the Transcender in that there were many topics on the test not even mentioned by them. But I guess there was enough to squeeze by! My experience with the Transcenders is they overprepare you (a good thing) and cover EVERYTHING plus the sun. Not the case this time.

The CBT Nuggets: I tried re-watching again but the instructor is so annoying, I had to quit. They gave me a good base to start with before hitting the Transcender questions.
  • Options
    dancreaneydancreaney Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I also used the CBT nuggets and Transcenders for this, which I found very good. Additionally I would have recommended the All-In-One book, which covered all material for the 621 combination upgrade exam. Using these materials for a month I got high 800's on the first part and high 900's on the second part.
  • Options
    wweboywweboy Member Posts: 287 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Can you please explain the 2 "segments"? like is one part questions the second part sims? I'm using CBT Nuggets and I swear the trainer like you said is a nnoying and talks down to you like your freaking dumb. WE PASSED OUR MCDST we obviously know what we are doing.

I'm getting ready to take this exam I've been putting it off because I Find htis topic so freaking boring so I've been studying again and what not but as someone who passed can you recommend any pointers without violating the NDA ;)

Thanks!
  • Options
    gandalphgandalph Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    wweboy wrote: »
    Can you please explain the 2 "segments"? like is one part questions the second part sims? I'm using CBT Nuggets and I swear the trainer like you said is a nnoying and talks down to you like your freaking dumb. WE PASSED OUR MCDST we obviously know what we are doing.

I'm getting ready to take this exam I've been putting it off because I Find htis topic so freaking boring so I've been studying again and what not but as someone who passed can you recommend any pointers without violating the NDA ;)

Thanks!

I sat this exam two days ago and it is not a difficult exam if you prepare well or have a good background in desktop support (my background includes desktop support and teaching MCDST for last 3 years) passed the exam with 967/1000
    The 2 segments being reffered to is

the exam is split into two exams with a timer on each part (works out at roughly 2 mins per question) the questions are not as long winded as the MCDST ones so 2 mins is plenty of time.
    part 1 had 22 q's on vista config
    part 2 had 34 q's on support side
    obesa cantavit

certs: MCITP (7 and Vista),MCTS,MCSE,MCSA,MCDST,CCAI,A+,Network+,Server+
  • Options
    wweboywweboy Member Posts: 287 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ok thanks for the heads up I think I'll do fine if I schedule my exam for say a week or two out.

I've done desktop support for 3 years and had very little trouble wiht MCDST.

Thanks.
  • Options
    ManimalManimal Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed the 70-621 today - only just though with 733, I had no drag and drop and no sims. I was expecting alot of sims.
    I used daily use of Vista along side some CBT nuggets and the Exam cram 70-260 book.