I'm being offered free training in any field...

2»

Comments

• rterrasirterrasi Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Have you thought of VMware? The reason I mention this is because I thought I read on their website that you are required to go through a class to qualify to take their tests. Can someone shed some light on whether I am right or wrong? If I am right, have them pay for these classes, as Cisco and Microsoft are attainable by self study.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yes, the VCP requires a course.
  • mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wish I could go on that VCP course! :D
  • tdeantdean Member Posts: 520
    rterrasi wrote: »
    Have you thought of VMware? The reason I mention this is because I thought I read on their website that you are required to go through a class to qualify to take their tests. Can someone shed some light on whether I am right or wrong? If I am right, have them pay for these classes, as Cisco and Microsoft are attainable by self study.
    yeah, i thought of that but cant find any training centers. i actually think thats pretty easy to do at home with vm workstation and a virtual lan. i have the CBT Nugget for that as well so i could probably get up and running pretty quick with that.
  • nice343nice343 Member Posts: 391
    go with Cisco or some Linux distro like red hat. So much money available
    My daily blog about IT and tech stuff
    http://techintuition.com/
    nice343 wrote: »
    go with Cisco or some Linux distro like red hat. So much money available
    red hat is the workstation product isnt it?
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    tdean wrote: »
    red hat is the workstation product isnt it?

Red Hat is a Linux-based operating system. It can be used to run workstation applications and Server applications. Money is with the Server applications.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

UPDATE: just got back from my meeting and im enrolled in an 8 week CCNA class that goes right into 4 week (?) CVOICE through the end of the year. the training center is an hour away, but its worth it for sure.