Options

MS Outlook - using 2 mail accounts?

canaancanaan Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have a user who uses two mail accounts in MS outook 2000.
He wants to be able to have outlook download incoming mail into 2 seperate folders. Is this possible ??(The way it's set up now, when he hits "Send/Receive" button, both accounts download mail in the same inbox.)

Any advice??

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Yup, Tools -Email accounts and add another. Also, your goingto want to setup profiles for the two so you can choose between them when opening outlook.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    The actual configuration of outlook depends a lot on what type of e-mail accounts the user has. Does Outlook connect the an Exchange Server with two mailboxes, or two POP3/IMAP4, or a combination?
  • Options
    Thanks guys for your replies!!

He is actually using two pop3 accounts(2 different Internet service provider). We don't have an in-house mail server. Our ISP manages our Email.
  • Options
    JOblessELementJOblessELement Member Posts: 134
    garv221 wrote:
    Yup, Tools -Email accounts and add another. Also, your goingto want to setup profiles for the two so you can choose between them when opening outlook.

It doesn't seem as if profiles exist in Outlook 2000. What I do is I just emails coming to my non-default email address into another sub-inbox (folder). Now, only if I could write some sort of dynamically adapting filter to rid of the 50+ junk mails I receive everyday icon_mad.gif
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.
  • Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    I use Outlook to check two POP3 accounts and one Yahoo! mail account (YahooPOPs is sooooo cool).

Anyhow, add all the accounts you wish to check... presumably this has been done. Now create subfolders from your Inbox, naming them something representative of the email account... just makes it easier for the next part.

Go to Tools, Rules and create a new rule.

Apply this rule after the message arrives
    through the firstmailbox@isp.com account
    move it to the firstmailbox folder

After you've created that one, make more for the other mailboxes you are working with. If you choose "apply this rule now" and select inbox, it will do the work for that rule. Continue on and everything will sort out on arrival. The only catch here is when you create a new email it will use the default address unless you tell it otherwise (See the Accounts entry in the new mail toolbar). Any email you reply to will use the address it was sent to.

If you want to set up profiles, go to Control Panel->Mail and create one. I don't like this because whenever you launch Outlook you have to select which profile to use. I don't like the added step, but it will keep your inboxes totally seperate.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Options
    Lazyart,
    Thank you for taking the time to reply to my inquiry. Your solution works just fine. It saved me a lot of time.
    Thank you very much again
    and God Bless.
    Canaan.