Options

Question about S+

Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
I plan to start studying for the CCNA:S in a few weeks. I just got the idea that maybe I should also study the S+ during the same time. My question is how difficult is the S+? Has anyone done the S+ and the CCNA:S and if so, is there alot of overlap. I am just thinking about knocking this down so I can focus on the CCNP/CCDA, L+ (and/orLPIC1) Server+ or CWNA next year. Since there are classes for the last 3 at my school I plan to take those. My primary self study efforts will be the CCNP/CCDA.

Any advice on this test and suggested materials for the S+?

Comments

• Options
    wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    While I don't have the 2008 version of security+ I did feel there was quite a bit of overlap. From what I remember the CCNA: Security didn't cover stuff like physical security and management. Everything else was pretty much overlap.
  • Options
    wastedtime wrote: »
    While I don't have the 2008 version of security+ I did feel there was quite a bit of overlap. From what I remember the CCNA: Security didn't cover stuff like physical security and management. Everything else was pretty much overlap.

Ok. I think maybe I will knock them both out by the end of the year. I say, about the full 2 months for CCNA:S and maybe 1 month for S+.

Edit: Here is another question for you WastedTime: Was the S+ worth the effort you put into it. The reason why I ask is that I am interested in NetSec and CCNA:S/CCSP would be very helpful. But the S+ maybe to broad to be worth anything to me.
  • Options
    bgrablinbgrablin Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    knwminus wrote: »
    Ok. I think maybe I will knock them both out by the end of the year. I say, about the full 2 months for CCNA:S and maybe 1 month for S+.

Edit: Here is another question for you WastedTime: Was the S+ worth the effort you put into it. The reason why I ask is that I am interested in NetSec and CCNA:S/CCSP would be very helpful. But the S+ maybe to broad to be worth anything to me.

It's completely doable without getting too crazy in studying. It's definitely no CCNP. It will give you a base for the CCNA:S, which is the route I'm headed.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    -General George S. Patton

My Site | Face
  • Options
    bgrablin wrote: »
    It's completely doable without getting too crazy in studying. It's definitely no CCNP. It will give you a base for the CCNA:S, which is the route I'm headed.

Thanks for the input. I have CCNA/S+/CCNA:S in my plans now. icon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gif