Offsite backups

NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
Does anyone have any company recommendations for offsite backups? We have a company right now that houses our backups offsite that I don't like and want to switch but haven't worked with many vendors so was looking for input from the community.

Comments

• leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    Does anyone have any company recommendations for offsite backups? We have a company right now that houses our backups offsite that I don't like and want to switch but haven't worked with many vendors so was looking for input from the community.

are we talking physical media here or like "cloud" backups?
    Dustin Leefers
  • NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Both there is currently only backups of everything being done to a single external hard drive from western digital.....needless to say that it isn't sufficient
  • 120nm4n120nm4n Member Posts: 116
    How many tapes per night and per week? We have priced out several places, but it ended up being cheaper and easier to buy a safe and put it at a privately owned site, as well as use a bank vault, with us making all the rotations. We rotate tapes frequently, so climate control for most tapes isn't an issue. Our long-term tapes are kept in a climate controlled environment, though.
    WIP: MCITP: EA
    70-620 - Done
    70-647 - In Progress
    70-649 - Soon.
  • Not sure where you are but check out rentsys, they do alot in BC/DR
    Go EVERTON

evertonfc-crest.gif
  • rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I've been using Iron Mountain for the past five years and have never really had any problems. They charge I think $150 if you need tapes back out of your normal schedule and their CS is pretty good.
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    rsutton wrote: »
    I've been using Iron Mountain for the past five years and have never really had any problems. They charge I think $150 if you need tapes back out of your normal schedule and their CS is pretty good.
    We use Iron Mountain. Its okay. Service could be better but it also could be worse.