COmpany might pay for my Enterprise Administrator Certifications

The company I work for wants me to give them a document that has the price of the exams on it. I hope they end up paying for the whole thing. I'm looking at the MCITP:EA. Also what would be another exam you would add. I have an interest in security. Security+ maybe? Unless there would be a better Security exam to start with. CEH?

CCNA would be nice too, but isn't it crazy expensive? Any advice would be nice.

Thanks
Knowledge is Power.

Comments

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    t3ch_guru wrote: »
    The company I work for wants me to give them a document that has the price of the exams on it. I hope they end up paying for the whole thing. I'm looking at the MCITP:EA. Also what would be another exam you would add. I have an interest in security. Security+ maybe? Unless there would be a better Security exam to start with. CEH?

CCNA would be nice too, but isn't it crazy expensive? Any advice would be nice.

Thanks

Actually, I believe that the CCNA would be cheaper than the Security+
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Security+ is the standard entry-level security cert. You don't want to start with CEH.

CCNA is only $250 (as far as the exams go; you can rack up a ton with equipment).
  • t3ch_gurut3ch_guru Member Posts: 166
    You think it would be worth taking the Security+(probably been asked a million times)? I would like to get CISSP one day. A friend of mine who is a Sr. Network Engineer said he would sponsor me.
    Knowledge is Power.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What's the level of your current security knowledge/ability? If you're just starting out, yes.
  • Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well start with the Sec+ - tats a good starting point for security certs - moreover it covers the basics for security and since u have a bit of networking knowledge - i think that should help
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".