Options

WinPE 0xc000000f error

RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
Studying for the 686 and I have an issue. I created the WindowsPE ISO and attempted to boot to it in Hyper-V only to get a stop error with code 0xc000000f. I then burned it to a disc and tried to boot to it with a real machine. I got exactly the same error. Google has not been very helpful. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »
    Bad ISO?

I considered this and I recreated the iso and also created iso for 64 bit and x86 but got the same thing from all of them.
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    remove the WINPE SCRIPTING package and try it again.
  • Options
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    remove the WINPE SCRIPTING package and try it again.

Could you point this total noob to a tutorial or give me an explanation?

I'd be greatly obliged.
  • Options
    When you get to the part where you are installing the packages, either skip or go back and remove the WINPE-SCRIPTING.cab package.
    Add packages into your WIM, this can be edited to only add in what you need to reduce the size of the WIM:

cd “C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\Servicing\”

dism /image:C:\PE\winpe_x86\mount /Add-Package /PackagePath:”C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\x86\WinPE_OCs\winpe.cab”

dism /image:C:\PE\winpe_x86\mount /Add-Package /PackagePath:”C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\x86\WinPE_OCs\winpe-wmi.cab”

dism /image:C:\PE\winpe_x86\mount /Add-Package /PackagePath:”C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\x86\WinPE_OCs\winpe-hta.cab”

dism /image:C:\PE\winpe_x86\mount /Add-Package /PackagePath:”C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\x86\WinPE_OCs\winpe-legacysetup.cab”

dism /image:C:\PE\winpe_x86\mount /Add-Package /PackagePath:”C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\x86\WinPE_OCs\winpe-mdac.cab”

dism /image:C:\PE\winpe_x86\mount /Add-Package /PackagePath:”C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\x86\WinPE_OCs\winpe-scripting.cab”

dism /image:C:\PE\winpe_x86\mount /Add-Package /PackagePath:”C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\x86\WinPE_OCs\winpe-setup.cab”

dism /image:C:\PE\winpe_x86\mount /Add-Package /PackagePath:”C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\x86\WinPE_OCs\winpe-wds-tools.cab”
  • Options
    Did this solve your issue, Robert?
  • Options
    aordalaordal Member Posts: 372
    probably a HD driver issue. find the driver for your drive and put it into the C:\pebuilder3110a\drivers\SCSIAdapter folder. follow instructions on the bart pe website on how to do that.
  • Options
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    Did this solve your issue, Robert?
    I've not tried it yet. I will let you guys know asap.
  • Options
    OK. I have included the hyper-v drivers in the pe image and rebuilt the ISO and no change.

I am going to try removing the scripting package now.

EDIT: Scripting package was not installed. I was following the step-by-step included in the waik. I'm done. Going to start over with a different tutorial.

And here's the answer:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproinstall/thread/89a1c2b3-db0d-48f6-84fb-88b201051233
  • Options
    Ah, some bad instructions somewhere.

I know that when i built my first winpe 3.0 disc i had it hang on boot and removing the script package fixed it (not sure why yet), so thats why i suggested it.

I'm sure you'll get it.
  • Options
    Yes, no wim for pe to use so it could not boot. I have now imaged my first vm, so all is cool. Can you use WAIK with windows xp or does it only work with Vista/7?
  • Options
    Yes, no wim for pe to use so it could not boot. I have now imaged my first vm, so all is cool. Can you use WAIK with windows xp or does it only work with Vista/7?

You can capture WIM's of sysprepped XP/2000 volumes, but you cant apply answer files after the fact or inject drivers/packages. You can still mount and edit the files, though.

There is no way to do a clean install of XP/2000 from WDS unless you use WDS mixed mode that utilizes old RIS images.
  • Options
    Jack2Jack2 Member Posts: 153
    Thank you for documenting this problem in detail! You guys rock! and I still have some hair left! Just a few less DVDs
    WGU Courses Completed at WGU: CPW3, EWB2, WFV1, TEV1, TTV1, AKV1, TNV1| TSV1, LET1, ORC1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CVV1, DHV1, DIV1, DJV1, TXP1, TYP1, CUV1, TXC1, TYC1, CJV1
    Classes Transferred: BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1 ,1LC1, 1MC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, SSC1, SST1, CLC1
    WGU Graduate - BSIT 2014