Options

Creative Audigy Zs2 Plat

BulletToothTonyBulletToothTony Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
OK, since I am bombarding you all with questions this morning, I figured one more won't hurt. I am at a loss right now and really don't have the time to really pick this problem apart. I finally got my new pc up and running last Saturday. As excited as I was that my OS and drivers were loaded (and looks really cool in the dark), I could not "play" because I had to go to an aniversary party. Well, the next day my father had one of his friends over and showed him my computer. Well since I had just got the thing up and running, I had not set up any security yet and pretty much got what I deserved. The guy screwed my system up by downloading a gambling applet, and when I tried to use my last system restore point, I found the applet had ruined everything.

Well, now that the sad story is out of the way, I hard killed and started over again. OS up and running fine, video card up and running (ATI AIW 9600XT), but when I went to load my sound card, I got no sound. Yet, I had before the tragic killing of my system. I tried my headphone jack and I got sound through there, so I know I am dealing with a driver problem, no a hardware problem. I remember reading something on newegg regarding the compatibility of ATI AIW cards with Creative Audigy drivers. So I uninstalled my video card and when I rebooted, I had sound on my speakers. So I then went to install the full package that came with my sound card (very nice I may add) and then I lost sound again.

I know that in order to really solve this issue I need to sit down and be patient for a good number of hours. Uninstall and start from scratch, loading sevice for service and take notes. But I figured to save some time, I would pick your brains and see if anybody else has gone through the same problem.

Thanks again,

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    OK, since I am bombarding you all with questions this morning, I figured one more won't hurt.
    Don't worry about posting too much questions in forums that exists to allow people to ask questions ;)

As for your sound problem, the first thing I would do (even if it would have worked) is download the latest drivers from the manufacturers site (if available of course) and try those. Just to be sure, I would place the card in another slot (after uninstalling it), reset the ESCD and boot.

I've had a reoccuring problem with the IRQ, even with IRQ sharing/steering I couldn't use the same IRQ for my audio and display, so I had to reserve another IRQ for the slot the sound card was in.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Most definitely download ALL of the various driver and program packages on the SB site. My audigy was a total pain in the butt until I did that.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007