Options

Question about MCSA & AD

jhmedjhmed Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
So, I've transfered my CompTIA credits to Microsoft, and have taken (and passed) the 70-620 Vista exam. I'm getting ready to move on to an MCSA credential.

Most people seem to take the 70-290 and then 291. I have very little knowledge of Active Directory. I just started watching a CBT Nuggets video and they jump right in to user configuration.

Is there another place I should start, even if I don't want write an exam for that extra info, to get a better understanding of AD fundamentals?

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    No, those just require a very minimal level of AD knowledge; you get into that in 294. Just do 290 and then 291.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Just to add my .02$ here. The 290 is going to test your working knowledge of AD via sims and questions (where do you click, what would you do, etc). Whereas the 294 is going to test more of your theoretical knowledge of AD: How and why does replication occur and other more advanced topics.

If you can do practical things in AD like resetting password, delegating control, modifying groups, working with group policies then you will be golden.