Options

vSphere 4 Fast Track Course [VCP4] Preperation Materials

sixarmsixarm Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi there.

My company is sending me on the VMWare vSphere 4 Fast Track course at the beginning of November and I'd like to do some reading/study towards it to get me prepared.

Would anyone care to recommend some good material/resources for this course?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    I gotta be honest. I tried to do the same thing and read up on a bunch of materials before attending my VMware class to expedite getting my VCP. It was a complete waste of time. Looking back now, I'd have done the following instead:

*Installed ESX/ESXi and familiarized myself with where everything was, or spend time looking around at a deployment at work if you have the access.
    *If you're not the best at Linux, learn how to use some of the common linux tools in ESX, like vi, various command lines, etc.
    *Mess with VMware Server and Workstation enough to know what they can and can't do comparably to ESX/ESXi
    *Learn basics of shared storage such as iSCSI and FC SANs if you're not familiar yet
    *Start memorizing the mins/maxes of vSphere. There's a PDF guide of that from VMware.

With that said, Scott Lowe's Mastering vSphere 4 is really good! I would wholeheartedly recommend reading that.
    Good luck to all!