Options

Certs pt. 2

I must be lucky because it seems like the company will pay for my CCNA exam too.

So basically I will have the MCITP:EA, CCNA and Security+ paid for by the company.

Thats not bad at all. Any other exams you guys would add or you think these exam would be a perfect start in my career.
Knowledge is Power.

Comments

• Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    the MCITP EA alone is 750$, so just run with it and get them done as quick as you can (so the offer isnt repealed)

That should be a solid start to a nice set of certs.
  • Options
    bigheadxbigheadx Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I wish my company did tuition reimbursement, or paid my my certs icon_sad.gif

My school is paying for my CCNA though! :)
    WIP: CCNA, BS Sys/Net Admin

Taking one byte out of computers, one bit at a time!

College Fund:
    [-/
    ] (15000)
  • Options
    t3ch_gurut3ch_guru Member Posts: 166
    Ya tuition reimbursement would be nice. I need to fund grad school. But ya definitely I am going to study really hard for this. Anyone can study two exams at a time or not recommended?
    Knowledge is Power.
  • Options
    Firemarshalbill.comFiremarshalbill.com Member Posts: 128
    I wouldn't study for 2 exams at a time. Like to really focus on one and then move on. But that is just me icon_study.gif. Sometimes mixing exams especially from different paths like MCSE and CCNA can really confuse things.
    Go EVERTON

evertonfc-crest.gif
  • Options
    AlexMRAlexMR Member Posts: 275
    t3ch_guru wrote: »
    Ya tuition reimbursement would be nice. I need to fund grad school. But ya definitely I am going to study really hard for this. Anyone can study two exams at a time or not recommended?

I am what some call a hardcore reader. I read a lot since I was 15 years old. Recently, maybe since last year, I implemented reading more than one book at a time, something I never did before. I used to start na book and let the others in the pile until i finish it.

The new method has allowed me to read much more than before. To the point that I have completely eliminated lots of unproductive habits like watching TV. I now read sometimes up to 5 books at a time. This allows me to read so much more only because generally when Im "tired of reading/studying" is more bored/burned out of the subject, which happens at about 2-3 consecutive hours.

I recently implemented this to the studies. For some reason I still was only studying for one cert at a time. Last week i decided to change and it has been great. I have to admit that im a little more disperse now, but overall, I am being more productive because im studying more hours. I highly recommend this to everyone, as it will allow more hours of study.

I will probably take a couple more days to take and pass the CCNA Voice exam studying this way, but I will be way advanced for the 70-640. The point here is that you'll be able to study more hours. I was suggested this by a friend who happens to be a philosopher and one of the biggest readers I have ever known.
    Training/Studying for....CCNP (BSCI) and some MS.