Options

Got it handed to me

neil221211neil221211 Member Posts: 18 ■■□□□□□□□□
Took the beast the other day and failed with a 430. Most questions were on command line tools. Only one sim. Only study material used was the 2277 microsoft book. Any other suggestions for the retake? TIA icon_study.gif

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    2nd Edition MS Press and Transcender with hands-on lab time.
  • Options
    Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    neil221211 wrote: »
    Took the beast the other day and failed with a 430. Most questions were on command line tools. Only one sim. Only study material used was the 2277 microsoft book. Any other suggestions for the retake? TIA icon_study.gif

Sorry to hear, dude! Yeah... DEF know your commands. I would have to say at least 20 of my questions were based off commands. I used Transcenders and Exam Cram. Try those out!

Good luck!
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • Options
    neil221211neil221211 Member Posts: 18 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks to you both. I'll give those a go and hopefully pass the second time around. icon_study.gif
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sorry to hear you didn't pass. Definitely hit the hands-on for this exam
  • Options
    Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    Don't think of it as a fail. Think of it as a gage. You now know your weak points and focus on those instead.
  • Options
    manny355manny355 Member Posts: 134
    That's your first mistake right there...the microsoft book 2277 has a bunch of good labs in it but it doesn't cover everything that you will need to know for the test...which is kind of ironic.

I would use that book in conjunction with another...whether exam cram or syngress or sybex...I got the syngress book myself and thought it to be pretty good.
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    CBTs CBTs CBTs.
  • Options
    DaggedDagged Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    agreed CBT one of the best tool.
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    MS Press 70-291 Training Kit