Options

Aironet 1130AG pass recovery Issue

Phliplip112Phliplip112 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm about to chuck this thing at the wall at a high rate of speed............

I found this Aironet 1130AG with a bunch of computer stuff that a school was getting rid of. At first I was all excited because i have never played with any of the Cisco wireless products. However i cant tinker with it because i cant figure out how to reset it. icon_mad.gif

I have done every thing that applies from this Password Recovery Procedure for the Cisco Aironet Equipment

The default "cisco" pass for privileged mode only allows a few commands. I have delete and rename available but it wont let me delete or rename any of the files. I also cannot configure the terminal. if i hold down the mode button the Ethernet will give its self the address of 10.0.0.1 temporarily but i haven't been able to telnet to it or use a browser

I also thought about decrypting the password but Cain said it was going to take till the end of time.

I'm thinking they maybe threw it out because they totally locked themselves out.

......discuss

Comments

• Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Check out section 3-15 of this doc
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1130/installation/guide/1130hig_book.pdf

It details how to reset it to the defaults.
  • Options
    That's pretty much what I've been doing. I did it with DHCP given address i could ping it, but couldn't telnet or use the web browser.

when you go through that process with the mode button, before it loads the image it will say:

process_config_recovery: set IP address and config to default 10.0.0.1

but that didn't hep any................... icon_scratch.gif
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Can you use a console cable?
  • Options
    Can you use a console cable?

Yes

I was reading that PDF you sent and it started talking about Lightweight Access Points. The one I have must be a lightweight one because it has LAP in the model number. Not sure if that changes anything though.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    You're not supposed to technically but you can convert a LAP to an AP by just loading in the regular autonomous firmware since they're exactly the same hardware with just a different model number in the flash. If you are running the lightweight firmware then yes, you'll have some issues configuring it...
  • Options
    I guess the trick is finding this firmware? I looked around some this weekend and didn't find any download on Cisco's site