Options

Passed 70-649 Today

Scores were:

70-640: 880
70-642: 850
70-643: 760

I certainly second the comments made my others that have taken this exam. I had little confidence that I had passed any of the sections. The relatively low number of questions, especially for the 70-640 section. I thought I had only scraped a pass on that one - and I assume that getting one more question correct than I thought lifted the score to 880.

I'm glad its out of the way. Next stop 70-647
-- Dan

Comments

• Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    danclarke wrote: »
    Scores were:

70-640: 880
    70-642: 850
    70-643: 760

I certainly second the comments made my others that have taken this exam. I had little confidence that I had passed any of the sections. The relatively low number of questions, especially for the 70-640 section. I thought I had only scraped a pass on that one - and I assume that getting one more question correct than I thought lifted the score to 880.

I'm glad its out of the way. Next stop 70-647

Congrats man!! I felt the same way you did about thinking I blew this one until the last screen telling me that I passed.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    danclarkedanclarke Member Posts: 160
    Thanks!

There were times when I was preparing for this exam - and indeed during it - when I thought it would be far easier to do 640, 642 and 643 as 3 separate exams. It seems perverse that it is technically possible to fail this exam by getting only 3 questions wrong. I hope MS have a rethink for the format of the next upgrade exams.

Anyway - I used the MS Press book, primarily. However, before it was published, I bought and tried to read the awful Syngress book.

I also used practice tests from SelfTestSoftware, MeasureUp (as included with the MS Press book) and ExamForce.

Following some of the comments previously posted about the 70-640 section in particular, I used the SelfTestSofware practice tests for that exam to give a bit of extra testing in that area.

I would recommend reading a lot around the subject - following the suggested links in the MS Press book, for example, because the books do not cover the complete detail of everything which you will be tested on.
    -- Dan
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice job passing the exam!
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Well done on all the great scores.