Options

83-640 practice exams

user3476user3476 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've been studying for the 83-640 fore a while know used the MS press book plus CBT and some measure up questions that came with the book.

I'm looking for some good practice exams for the 83-640. Anyone have any recommendations?

I was looking at the transgenders or the cbt self placed software ones.

Comments

• Options
    BradHBradH Member Posts: 160
    I was looking at the transgenders or the cbt self placed software ones.

LOL... transgenders... classic!!!! icon_lol.gif

I used the measure up exams which came with the MS Press books and focused heavily on doing as much practical as possible for this exam.

Got me through and the practical if you do enough it's like answering questions anyway so anything your asked you should be ok with.

I studied I would think a solid 6 weeks before I took this one and it was hard but very rewarding due to the practical elements.
    EA Path - 70-643 - Passed - 70-680 - Passed - 70-647 - To Complete
  • Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    I used the exact same things you did to take this exam. I would recommend just go through the book, watch the cbt videos, take the practice exams, and make sure you set up a few vm's and do all the exercises in the ms press books. This should fully prepare you. You can also refer to the 70-640 sticky at the top of the forum for more information.
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • Options
    BradH wrote: »
    LOL... transgenders... classic!!!! icon_lol.gif

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

I've been using VMs with Server 2008 installed on them since day 1

I typically read or watch through everything and then towards the end of my studies I start taking practice exams.

I like taking practice exams because it shows me what I'm good at or need to focus on and the explanations on why you got the answers wrong I find to be very helpful to learn from.
  • Options
    BradHBradH Member Posts: 160
    Well considering the exam tests are called transcender and not transgender....

You might be barking up the wrong tree with one of them.
    EA Path - 70-643 - Passed - 70-680 - Passed - 70-647 - To Complete
  • Options
    BradH wrote: »
    Well considering the exam tests are called transcender and not transgender....

You might be barking up the wrong tree with one of them.

lol I see bad at spelling.

Kind of an odd name anyways transcender.