MCSE vs MCTS / MCITP

So if you had the option to get someone to pay for your MCSE or your MCTS / MCITP after getting your MCSA which one would you pick?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• morpheous7411morpheous7411 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So if you had the option to get someone to pay for your MCSE or your MCTS / MCITP after getting your MCSA which one would you pick?

If you already have an MCSA, I think it would make sense to have the employer ( or whoever) pay for your MCITP ( I am assuming it is SA and EA) rather than the MCSE. You could then finish the remaining MCSE exams yourself if you want to.

Just my thoughts.....
    MCITP : Enterprise Administrator
    MCITP : Server Administrator
    CCNA : Cisco Certified Network Associate
    ITIL V3 Foundation
    CompTIA : A+, Network+, Security+, Server+

Currently working on Cisco Certified Network Professional CCNP's ROUTE Exam.
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd say MCSE just because its more marketable. I have been all over dice.com, monster, and careerbuilder in my area and haven't seen one job posting for MCITP. A lot of employers just aren't familiar with MCITP yet. Although, I can see how it may be a good idea to have someone pay for your MCITP if you already have an MCSA.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    MCSE because it's easier to get MCITP after you get MCSE, plus MCSE requires electives that can add value to your certification, such as SQL, Exchange, Sharepoint, etc.
    Good luck to all!
  • ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Depends on who "someone" is.

If it's your employer, I'd have them pay for whatever technology they are currently using or plan to upgrade to in the near future. Assuming you actually like the employer and want to stay with them.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    MCSE is only another 3x exams. MCITP is 5x exams from scratch. Haven't seen a job ad yet requiring an MCITP.
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I'll side with HeroPsycho on this one. MCSE and then upgrade for your MCITP: EA. And definitely be picky with the elective exams you do.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    Finish MCSE first then upgrade to MCITP.... that is the best choice...

advantage.... you will have Active Directory and advance Infra knowledge in Windows 2003 server that will be used in upgrading to MCITP EA.