where to get DCSE training?

qveqve Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello

Haven’t got any experience in IT.
I want to start work in a company that requires DCSE as a Dell Certified Field Service Engineer.
I have contacted Dell but its changed now for DDET for non DSPs(Dell Service Provider)
Since the company requires DCSE I’m assuming they are DSP.
In that case where can I get DCSE training and certificate?
The company is not able to let me know where to get the training nor the certificate.
Can anyone help?

Comments

• XenzXenz Member Posts: 140
    Learn Dell is their site.

If you have no experience in IT, I would suggest starting with the CompTIA A+ certification. Jumping into an overpriced proprietary vendor certification to get a start probably isn't the best idea.

I'm not too sure on the process of getting Dell training. I saw the prices and decided that money could buy me something much more fun and useful. Plus there is that whole review of A+ basics with their proprietary technology tossed in. I'd much rather bob for apples in a bucket full of broken glass than sit through some very expensive A+ courses.
    Currently working on:
    CCNP, 70-620 Vista 70-290 Server 2003
    Packet Tracer activities and ramblings on my blog:
    http://www.sbntech.info
  • stephens316stephens316 Member Posts: 203 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Personally I would not spend money to get certified on Dell. The last few pieces of equipment I have purchased seem to have problems. I will not be purchasing Dell for this reason I am not sure where I will go for work computers, personal computers I will make the switch to Apple running parallels with my new copy of windows 7.

As for certs you start with A+ for computers, Server + for servers, and then Network+ for the network. Then you can move to either system administration or network admin. from this decision you can go for MCSA/MCITP or CCENT/CCNA onward. Or your can follow me on my round robin track one system cert, one security cert, one network cert just keep following the cycle which will make you well rounded when looking for a job.
    Free Reading : History Books
  • buchatechbuchatech Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    qve wrote: »
    Hello

Haven’t got any experience in IT.
    I want to start work in a company that requires DCSE as a Dell Certified Field Service Engineer.
    I have contacted Dell but its changed now for DDET for non DSPs(Dell Service Provider)
    Since the company requires DCSE I’m assuming they are DSP.
    In that case where can I get DCSE training and certificate?
    The company is not able to let me know where to get the training nor the certificate.
    Can anyone help?

Here is the Dell DCSE site: Dell Certified Systems Expert - Welcome . The best way to get Dell certified is get a job at a company that requires you to have it. They will pay for it. It is pretty easy. It is like taking an open book. Not the kind of cert you can really brag about but may come in handy when working in a Dell shop or as a Dell field tech. I agree with the other forum members that you should look at the A+ first.
  • fuslopcufuslopcu Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This class seems like it would be amazing. I'm new to this site and I am so sad that I am going to miss out on it...