Options

Failed 70-218-Passed 70-218 >>>

svansvan Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well I sat my final paper this morning to try and achieve the MCSA status.

Failed with a score of 628 icon_sad.gif

I was pissed off and felt I could and should have done better.

I spoke with the testing centre about doing a retake straight away, they said they had slots free. Called Prometric, who said a credit card payment would take 24hrs to clear and see if the test centre could arrange it for you via a credit they have with Prometric.

Testing centre didn’t want to know icon_mad.gif arses icon_sad.gif

So

I decided to ring Prometric and blag it. I spoke with a different person who more or less said the same thing. But she looked at my account and said she would see what she could do for me as a one off.

She came back and said pay now and they will allow me to sit it straight away. WoOt.

So after the test centre downloaded the new exam, I was back in the hot seat again. All be it a different more lucky chair.

Sat the exam and passed with 748 Yipppppppppppppeeeeeeee.

No more certs for me, I think (Know).

MCSA now icon_lol.gif

Thanks to evb for your support and yes I do feel like the man of the moment icon_lol.gif:Dicon_lol.gif

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    svan wrote:
    Thanks to evb for your support and yes I do feel like the man of the moment icon_lol.gif:Dicon_lol.gif
    You are icon_thumright.gif Congratulations!
  • Options
    Webmaster wrote:
    svan wrote:
    You are icon_thumright.gif Congratulations!

Thanks Webmaster. You gave good guidance
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    allylaurenteallylaurente Member Posts: 131
    congrats svan for passing 70-218. icon_thumright.gif

So whats next?
    "...don't wait for miracles, be the miracle" - Bruce Almighty
  • Options
    congrats svan for passing 70-218. icon_thumright.gif

So whats next?

Whats next = nothing.

Got enough on my plate with a 9-5, family life and running a business on the side.

Might get another 9-5 :)

No more certs for me :D
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    You're most welcome Svan. If you don't mind me asking: why no more certs? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    kokopelikokopeli Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thats interesting that with the same amount of knowledge in your brain you failed and then passed the same exam, guess it shows its all about which questions you happen to get thrown at you ....

or I wonder if it was just that you were more determined to get it the second time so you called upon knowledge buried deep in your brain ..... hmmm who knows ..... but congrats!! :D

I am studying for 70-218 myself ..... and after reading all of the MS self paced book for 70-210 and 70-215 I am a little sick of reading the same thing OVER and OVER again!!! hehe :P but anyways better get back to it
  • Options
    Webmaster wrote:
    You're most welcome Svan. If you don't mind me asking: why no more certs? icon_rolleyes.gif

Hecktick life m8. If you knew, you would well understand.

I will still keep ready on topics i need to know about, as and when. But just no formal certs.

After 2 yrs , i'm all certed out :)
  • Options
    skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    kokopeli wrote:
    thats interesting that with the same amount of knowledge in your brain you failed and then passed the same exam, guess it shows its all about which questions you happen to get thrown at you ....

or I wonder if it was just that you were more determined to get it the second time so you called upon knowledge buried deep in your brain ..... hmmm who knows ..... but congrats!! :D

I am studying for 70-218 myself ..... and after reading all of the MS self paced book for 70-210 and 70-215 I am a little sick of reading the same thing OVER and OVER again!!! hehe :P but anyways better get back to it

I feel your pain!

I'm studying for the 270. I'm taking it by itself, and then the rest of the mcsa 2000 exams. So, not only am I trying to pass the exam, but get real world understanding as much as possible so that if I do get hired, I don't look stupid, at least not any more so than normal anyway.

I'm getting very, very tired of touting the microsoft way.

One thing that is a blessing/curse is that I do have some experience with a lot of this, and though I could by no means be the only admin in a large company, it's still infuriating to get a practice question wrong because you dind't answer it the 'microsoft' way.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • Options
    skully93 wrote:
    kokopeli wrote:

I feel your pain!

Didn't u fancy doing the Network+?

i found that v good grounding for my MCSA. Plus combined with your A+ it counts as an elective.

gl

I'm studying for the 270. I'm taking it by itself, and then the rest of the mcsa 2000 exams. So, not only am I trying to pass the exam, but get real world understanding as much as possible so that if I do get hired, I don't look stupid, at least not any more so than normal anyway.

I'm getting very, very tired of touting the microsoft way.

One thing that is a blessing/curse is that I do have some experience with a lot of this, and though I could by no means be the only admin in a large company, it's still infuriating to get a practice question wrong because you dind't answer it the 'microsoft' way.