Options

Cisco SDM blocked by popup blocker

livenliven Member Posts: 918
WTF!!!!

I had this working for a little while but for the life of me I can not get it working again.

I have been trying to disable everything, rolled back JAVA, tried IE, tried Firefox...

Seems like no matter how hard I try to put an an exception in place I am still getting blocked...

HELP...

And why must i use this app for their tests when it is never used in production???

Oh well

AND HELP PLEASE!!!
encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.

Comments

• Options
    mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Have you tried adding it to trusted sites?

edit: as well as disabling the popup blocker?
  • Options
    livenliven Member Posts: 918
    mrmcmint wrote: »
    Have you tried adding it to trusted sites?

edit: as well as disabling the popup blocker?

I thought that is what I was doing.... But I guess I am missing a popup blocker somewhere....

So frustrating...
    encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.
  • Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    What browser? Make sure your popup blocker is off, if it is you shouldn't see a message like that.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Our network engineer started having a similar problem recently when the Symantec Endpoint application was installed with the firewall enabled. I don't remember what they needed to exclude to get it to work... but it was the firewall blocking one of the executable files for the sdm from talking to whatever she was trying to talk to.

I have also had problems with sdm and other java apps with one of the updates to version 6... I want to say anything past update 7 broke about everything I used regularly. Recently that was supposed to be fixed but I can't say firsthand.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    Firemarshalbill.comFiremarshalbill.com Member Posts: 128
    I had a problem with a few sites that I used all the time Linkedin, staples, etc. It said disable pop up blocker, I couldn't log in on Linkedin - threw me back to the log in screen. By chance I found these sites had been put into my blocked website folder once I removed them BAM!!!! I was running again - I still have no idea how they got put in there ?????VIRUS MAYBE???
    Go EVERTON

evertonfc-crest.gif
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sometimes you have more than one pop-up blocker installed and you have to do it both places (i.e. Firefox and Google/Yahoo toolbar).
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Are you sure it's a popup blocker that's stopping you?

Also, what device are you trying to access?

I've ran into issues with the older PIX 501's where I've literally had to try 6 or so different workstations just to find one that would open up. I'm pretty sure that was a Java issue, though.