Options

Two new Win 7 exams -- 70-681 & 683

PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
Was doing my usual lookaroud to see if any more info on the 682 upgrade exam was available and on this site they show two more exams that I hadn't heard of before..

MCTS: Windows 7, Deploying
Exam 70-681: TS: Windows 7, Deploying (expected release: late 2009)

MCTS: Windows 7, Pre-Installing for OEMs
Exam 70-683: TS: Windows 7, Pre-installing for OEMs (expected release: October 2009)

That makes it 6 exams for Windows 7.. they're really getting specific on this ain't they>
:study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later

Comments

• Options
    mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hmmmm will be keeping my eyes posted for more betas then! :)
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Both of these existed for Vista and I believe the OEM one at least existed for XP. I'll check the numbers and edit if I can find them.

Here is what I was thinking of for the XP exam:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=74-139&locale=en-us#tab2
    Although I thought there was one specific for OEMs.

Oh, found it
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=74-134&locale=en-us#tab2
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Why is there a Deployment MCTS when, IMO, the 680 covered deployment fairly decently (considering the breadth of what it had to cover) and the MCITP EDA7 is basically a deployment orgy.

Seems to be a waste...but knowing how nerdy i am on deployment im sure MS will get another 125 bones out of me.
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    Why is there a Deployment MCTS when, IMO, the 680 covered deployment fairly decently (considering the breadth of what it had to cover) and the MCITP EDA7 is basically a deployment orgy.

Seems to be a waste...but knowing how nerdy i am on deployment im sure MS will get another 125 bones out of me.

The 681 will probably replace the 622 Vista deployment exam as the MCTS requirement for partners delivering Microsoft-funded Desktop Deployment Planning Services engagements.

I wonder if the 681 will have a section devoted to application compatibility? I was required by MS and my company to complete a separate training course and exam to be able to deilver MS-funded Application Compatibility Factory engagements.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Claymoore wrote: »
    The 681 will probably replace the 622 Vista deployment exam as the MCTS requirement for partners delivering Microsoft-funded Desktop Deployment Planning Services engagements.

I wonder if the 681 will have a section devoted to application compatibility? I was required by MS and my company to complete a separate training course and exam to be able to deilver MS-funded Application Compatibility Factory engagements.

This is correct. It's not a deployment test for Enterprises, it is for OEMs and will deal with things like licensing, customizing, and deployment tools on a more specific level. This will mean no real focus on GPOs, MAK/KMS, AppLocker, etc...

As far as application compatability. I can only imagine it will. This seems to be something MS is stressing hard in the their adverts for 7.