US contract rates

TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Turgon wrote: »
    Is this typical?
    Yeah -- 12 years ago icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Yeah -- 12 years ago icon_lol.gif

hehehehe..so it was even worse back then? Rates through agencies blow at the moment. Recovery?
  • bellheadbellhead Member Posts: 120
    That's really low. If you were on a W-2 which is what we call working for a company here in the States then the pay wouldn't be that off. But contract here in the states you pay.

1.) Social Security at 14% instead of 7%.
    2.) Your own health insurance @ $1300 a month if you can even get it.
    3.) No vacation time.
    4.) Taxes at a higher rate also.

In reality you only make half of what is paid. So if they advertised $60 an hour in reality it is $30.
  • Firemarshalbill.comFiremarshalbill.com Member Posts: 128
    That looks reasonable, of course we are talking "DOQ". And unfortunately you loose alot off the W2. I have been offered contract jobs ranging from 45/hr to 85/hr I am up in Mass. and the pay is usually a little higher here of course expenses are through the roof. icon_thumright.gif
    Go EVERTON

evertonfc-crest.gif
  • bellheadbellhead Member Posts: 120
    That looks reasonable, of course we are talking "DOQ". And unfortunately you loose alot off the W2. I have been offered contract jobs ranging from 45/hr to 85/hr I am up in Mass. and the pay is usually a little higher here of course expenses are through the roof. icon_thumright.gif

For a CCIE it looks about right? Then CCIE's only make about 60k a year? My understanding someday when I hit that level I am looking at 90k+ a year. If not then why get the CCIE over the CCNP. The pay is the same.
  • GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    bellhead wrote: »
    For a CCIE it looks about right? Then CCIE's only make about 60k a year? My understanding someday when I hit that level I am looking at 90k+ a year. If not then why get the CCIE over the CCNP. The pay is the same.

$30/hr is approx 60k give or take a bit based on an 8 hr day so $45/hr would be approx 90k