Options

Please recommend some 70-647 prep material

Aside from the MS Press book for 70-647, which I've heard is not sufficient to pass the 647 exam, what else would you recommend for exam prep?

I've already passed 646 and 649, but I know there's gonna be more to it.
MCTS
MCITP: SA & EA
MCSE: NT, 2000, 2003
MCSA: 2000, 2003

Comments

• Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used the Sybex 647 book, the MSPress book, and practice tests from the included CD with both books. Technet is always a good resource.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    dfosbenner wrote: »
    Aside from the MS Press book for 70-647, which I've heard is not sufficient to pass the 647 exam, what else would you recommend for exam prep?

I've already passed 646 and 649, but I know there's gonna be more to it.

I only used the MSPress 647 book and passed the exam easily. If you have already passed 649, then a quick review of the 647 book should be all you need. It's a capstone exam that pulls information from the previous exams without really introducing any new concepts.
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I used the Sybex 647 book, the MSPress book, and practice tests from the included CD with both books. Technet is always a good resource.
    I also used the Sybex book, the included practice questions, plus extensive labs.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Options
    dfosbennerdfosbenner Member Posts: 106
    Good to know guys, thanks! I'll pick up the Sybex.
    MCTS
    MCITP: SA & EA
    MCSE: NT, 2000, 2003
    MCSA: 2000, 2003
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    no problem!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."