Boson Netsim

arsalan921arsalan921 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have just installed Boson Netsim, i want to get some help in using it.

first i made the network topolgy then opened other window for configuring devices, but whatever command i enter it says incomplete command, whats the reason for this ? i am using demo version.. is this the reason ?
do i have to buy the activation key ? or is there any other way to use it ? please help me out.

thank you

Comments

• petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    If I understand correctly, you're running into the same bugaboo that most folks run into using practice exam simulators. . . neither the complete command set nor the total syntax will be supported as these are not coming straight from Cisco. In some cases, you'll have to work around these issues. In other cases, the simulator is expecting only a very specific answer and will not let you enter in something else (even if you could be right from a different perspective!).
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You should be able to get help with the Demo Version from Boson -- since I'm sure they'd love to sell you a $250 License.

I think you only get access to the Demo Lab (and the demo video) in the demo version.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • KPWrightKPWright Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    I think you only get access to the Demo Lab (and the demo video) in the demo version.

That was my experience when I downloaded it earlier this year. You could only run the pre-configured exercises and only a few of those were included. It truly was just a demo.
  • owais123owais123 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dear all!

Just right click on " myfile.bin " click properties & uncheck the read only option & click apply . No more incompete command error any more.

Enjoy.
  • luv7822000luv7822000 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, I cannot find myfile.bin anywhere please can you assist and tell me where do i find this file? my boson has same issues?

many thanks
  • luv7822000luv7822000 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey owais123, please help me, where can i find the myfile.bin, I cannot see it in programme files. many thanks
  • Jan GitaarJan Gitaar Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I justed installed Boson Netsim and i got the same "incomplete command" error.
    Solution:
    1. Install in C:\Boson
    2. Right click C:\Boson directory --> properties --> check off read-only box (apply to all subdirectories)

Have fun!