Funniest thing this week

PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
Ok so, as I have mentioned in previous threads that we are having circuits put in for priavte wires (where Kam has helped me understand a whole lot about PSTN's, Fiber connectivity and general BT infrastructure).

BT have managed to install a circuit on the floor one up from our customers in the same building. There is another company up there with their own equipment and there own comms rooms.

It's a Thursday but I am sat at my desk giggling away wondering how the hell a BT engineer can get into a server room and present a circuit without anyone asking any questions.

Anyone else had a funny moment this week?
DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.

Comments

• tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    They probably just patch it from where the cables enter the building in the basement to the multipair cable that goes to their comm room.

As for actually entering the server room, it is surprising how easy it is to get into places if you flash an ID badge and say you need access.
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    tiersten wrote: »
    They probably just patch it from where the cables enter the building in the basement to the multipair cable that goes to their comm room.

As for actually entering the server room, it is surprising how easy it is to get into places if you flash an ID badge and say you need access.

ok........

128669836394009435.jpg

I guess its not that funny but my week has been **** so I am trying to have some fun!
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    :P

At a previous work place, we had a contest to see what the security guards at reception would accept as ID since they insisted we showed ID but never really checked properly. I believe the winner was one of the programmers who flashed a TUC cheese biscuit and was waved through.
    tiersten wrote: »
    :P

At a previous work place, we had a contest to see what the security guards at reception would accept as ID since they insisted we showed ID but never really checked properly. I believe the winner was one of the programmers who flashed a TUC cheese biscuit and was waved through.

hahahha cool! I am gonna try that tomorrow!
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Many years ago, I worked in a facility where everyone had security badges, and they had to be shown to the gate guards going in and from the facility. Christmas that year, we had a door decorating contest. We built a paper mache snowman, and had security come down and take his picture so we could have him with an ID.

So there he was, Snowman, Frost E., rank – E-5.

Once the contest was done, security came to claim the badge, then decided to test security with it. They gave it to someone who tossed it in the bin to be checked on his way out. The guard looked at it, then the employee, and gave it back and unlocked the gate!

Needless to say, security chief was watching, was actually in the guard booth. Five people got written up over that incident.
    Bokeh wrote: »
    Many years ago, I worked in a facility where everyone had security badges, and they had to be shown to the gate guards going in and from the facility. Christmas that year, we had a door decorating contest. We built a paper mache snowman, and had security come down and take his picture so we could have him with an ID.

So there he was, Snowman, Frost E., rank – E-5.

Once the contest was done, security came to claim the badge, then decided to test security with it. They gave it to someone who tossed it in the bin to be checked on his way out. The guard looked at it, then the employee, and gave it back and unlocked the gate!

Needless to say, security chief was watching, was actually in the guard booth. Five people got written up over that incident.

hahahahahhhaha !!!! That is well good.
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    building I currently work in has security checking id badges on the way, when I first started I was issued a temporary card to access the building etc. This had no picture on it at all I used to show that as I walked to the lifts and was never challanged.

These days I just hold up whatever is at hand, usually my oyster card (travel card) and never get stopped.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)