Exchange 2007 - manage full access permission problem

vsmith3rdvsmith3rd Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
Exchange 2007, AD 2003 enviornment.

I have two users unable to forward mail from a mail account, even after being granted Full Access Permission in Exchange 2007 for the respective account. The users can access the account fine, but they are unable to forward mail from the account. They get a permissions denied, or something like that. Any ideads what else could affect their ability to forward? Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks.
Certified Lunatic.

Comments

• HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    vsmith3rd wrote: »
    Exchange 2007, AD 2003 enviornment.

I have two users unable to forward mail from a mail account, even after being granted Full Access Permission in Exchange 2007 for the respective account. The users can access the account fine, but they are unable to forward mail from the account. They get a permissions denied, or something like that. Any ideads what else could affect their ability to forward? Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks.

Full Mailbox Access and Send As are two different things. What you want them to do here is utilize Send As...
    Good luck to all!
  • vsmith3rdvsmith3rd Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
    HeroPsycho wrote: »
    Full Mailbox Access and Send As are two different things. What you want them to do here is utilize Send As...

I thought that too, so I also added them to the Manage Send As list, but still no dice. They get "You do not have the required permissions to send messages from this mailbox. For assistance..." yada yada yada. I am not sure if belonging to a particular AD group (2003) would affect permissions in Exchange 2007. Any ideas about how Exchange 2k7 does/doesn't integrate with AD in Win 2k3? Thanks.
    Certified Lunatic.
  • GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I thought that too, so I also added them to the Manage Send As list, but still no dice. They get "You do not have the required permissions to send messages from this mailbox. For assistance..." yada yada yada. I am not sure if belonging to a particular AD group (2003) would affect permissions in Exchange 2007. Any ideas about how Exchange 2k7 does/doesn't integrate with AD in Win 2k3? Thanks.

Go into outlook on each machine and check that delegates are set there.
  • ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    You need to wait for the permissions to refresh or restart the information store service for immediate application.
    Full Access or Receive As permissions are not granted until the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service caches the permissions and updates the cache. To grant the permissions immediately, stop and then restart the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service.

How to Allow Mailbox Access: Exchange 2007 Help
  • vsmith3rdvsmith3rd Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Solution found

After setting the Manage Full Access Permission, the following was done.

Recipient Configuration> (mail accountname)> Properties> Mail Flow Settings> highlight Delivery Options> Properties> add users to the Send On Behalf list.

I'm an Exchange noob, so there may or may not be a better way. I'm kinda learning Exchange on the fly. This worked, so I'll stick with it for now. Thank you all for your time and input.

PS. I attempted to edit the thread title to show that a solution was found, but I couldn't figure it out. (Some techie I am) I can edit my posts, but not the thread title. If anyone can tell me how this is done, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
    Certified Lunatic.
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Royal has a great article on send on behalf vs send as

Send on Behalf and Send As | Elan Shudnow's Blog
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I can edit my posts, but not the thread title. If anyone can tell me how this is done, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Webmaster can change it for you.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...