Passed 70-642

EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
40 questions, 90 minutes to do them in. Evenly balanced among all sections, had a fair few DNS questions though. A spattering of WSUS and NAP questions, easy ones, thankfully. NAP isnt my favourite. I had a couple weird printer config questions, just guessed and moved on. Got a not too shabby 825 in the end.

Customary Prometric bashing. I was scheduled to start at 10.15, the test centre guy loaded the test engine till the point they enter your identification number. It threw some pcprep.exe error, he restarted the damn box a few times, same thing. He got on the line with Prometric, they "remoted" in to the machine, diddled here and there. They began uninstalling IE8 (wonder what this had to do with the exam engine, some dependencies perhaps?), installed IE7 then IE6. The clock said 11.20 and I am still waiting for the damn thing to start. I told the guy I needed to chuck some more money into the parking meter and he goes, oh you can use my car space in the basement. To which I gladly said yes. Free parking, anytime! Finally got to start at 11.30.

Make sure you know IPv6 and the settings within DNS. I think I had a couple of questions that were exactly the same as in the MeasureUp exams. Do 'em folks.

I liked the new format of questions, short and to the point. Not those long-winded reading comprehension questions where you had to sift through useless info.

On to the 640 now. I was midway through the 640 when I got bored and picked up the 642 book.
NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com

Comments

• BradHBradH Member Posts: 160
    Essendon

Congrats on the pass!

There is an excellent technet virtual session you can do all on NAP which Claymore highlighted in his 642 sticky. I understand you have passed this one however the walk through via the technet virtual machine makes it easy to understand.
    EA Path - 70-643 - Passed - 70-680 - Passed - 70-647 - To Complete
  • mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! you're level with me now, done 642 and in the middle of the 640.. Good luck!
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • sund33psund33p Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Essendon wrote: »
    40 questions, 90 minutes to do them in. Evenly balanced among all sections, had a fair few DNS questions though. A spattering of WSUS and NAP questions, easy ones, thankfully. NAP isnt my favourite. I had a couple weird printer config questions, just guessed and moved on. Got a not too shabby 825 in the end.

Customary Prometric bashing. I was scheduled to start at 10.15, the test centre guy loaded the test engine till the point they enter your identification number. It threw some pcprep.exe error, he restarted the damn box a few times, same thing. He got on the line with Prometric, they "remoted" in to the machine, diddled here and there. They began uninstalling IE8 (wonder what this had to do with the exam engine, some dependencies perhaps?), installed IE7 then IE6. The clock said 11.20 and I am still waiting for the damn thing to start. I told the guy I needed to chuck some more money into the parking meter and he goes, oh you can use my car space in the basement. To which I gladly said yes. Free parking, anytime! Finally got to start at 11.30.

Make sure you know IPv6 and the settings within DNS. I think I had a couple of questions that were exactly the same as in the MeasureUp exams. Do 'em folks.

I liked the new format of questions, short and to the point. Not those long-winded reading comprehension questions where you had to sift through useless info.

On to the 640 now. I was midway through the 640 when I got bored and picked up the 642 book.

Dude, thanks.....for the past 2 weeks every day ive been doing the measureup tests...started with 39% ...now im upto 85 - 95....

from last monday, ive been doing the individual module tests.....aceing all of them...xcept NAP...i dislike NAP.....test is tomorrow....fingers crossed...

I was studying for the 640..but I cant take 70-640 in english..its in french and mandarin......anyway...82-640(I think) after I pass.

So these measureup tests do help huh?
  • pespi_manpespi_man Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks dude...good luck with your 640 on Monday
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• pespi_manpespi_man Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cheers mate, watching CBT and measure prac exams atm.

Fun, fun fun..... lol :)
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats Essendon!

I'm glad to hear about the newer format of questions. icon_smile.gif
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    Congrats on the pass. I finished up my 640 a couple weeks ago (like you got bored, but I stuck with it, just procrastinated way too long). Still don't know what my score is, all I know is I passed and that's all that matters at this point. I have powered through the 642 book and starting to go back rereading sections I wasn't too familiar with (like NAP), then onto the exercises and hitting my vm's hard doing my own scenarios.
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    The 642 wasnt as bad as I feared it would be, but its still nothing to sneeze at.

Congrats on the pass!

I hated the router part of the RRAS stuff...who actually uses a windows server as a router?
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Sure RRAS isnt used by most people, but it does the job. Certainly not the most interesting thing to be studying, but I think if you lab it up it shouldnt be that bad.

I hope I dont see much more of it in the rest of the MCITP: EA track.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..