822 test tomorrow

rodan07rodan07 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

Tomorrow's my big day - got my first test (CCENT) scheduled. I did Cisco Networking Academy, and finished that in just over a year, and I've had another couple months to do some sample testing. I think I'm ready.

I'm going to do lots of ACLs and NAT stuff today, and get a good night's sleep. Wish me luck.

R
Roy Verges, CCNA
Working on CCNA Voice & MCSA.
Hoping for time to exercise and play music (dream on...)

Comments

• PickerPicker Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good Luck !!!!! Keep us posted
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Welcome to the forum. Good luck on the exam. Keep focused and you will be posting here that you passed :)
  • ChilenoChileno Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good Luck icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_study.gif
    Wish list:

CCNA Security, CCSP
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    rodan07 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Tomorrow's my big day - got my first test (CCENT) scheduled. I did Cisco Networking Academy, and finished that in just over a year, and I've had another couple months to do some sample testing. I think I'm ready.

I'm going to do lots of ACLs and NAT stuff today, and get a good night's sleep. Wish me luck.

R

Welcome and Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif

Tell us how it goes.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif

You've been practicing your subnetting, right? (subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online)
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Wow that's a long time to study for the CCENT, I'm sure you will smash it. Good luck!
  • rodan07rodan07 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif

You've been practicing your subnetting, right? (subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online)

I've been using the subnettingquestions.com site every day, doing 15 subnetting problems a day, and I've got to tell y'all it has really strengthened my ability in some unforeseen ways.

Now, when I look at a diagram, I can quickly see if the subnets are correctly configured, or if they are correct but wasteful, or if they are classful or not.
    It's like a new language, almost.

Anyway, in doing this my approach was to write down what I call the multiplier, and the octet. /28 - multiplier =16, octet 4, and then go from there.

Now I'm doing the problems in my head. Once I get good at that, I'm going to start doing the problems in a noisy environment.

Anyway, I learned it all from this forum. Thanks, guys.

R
    Roy Verges, CCNA
    So how did it go?
    So how did it go?

I passed my CCENT exam! I got a 94.4 - not bad for an old man. icon_thumright.gif
    It took me about an hour and 15 minutes. The test environment was noisy (there were high school kids in the building) but I didn't let it upset me.

It gives me some confidence, going into the CCNA test, which I'll do the first week of December.

Thanks for all your support.

R
    Roy Verges, CCNA
  • rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Awesome, congratulations!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I passed my CCENT exam!
    Congratulation!! icon_cheers.gif

Good Luck with your ICND2 Studies icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • ChilenoChileno Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations icon_cheers.gif, good luck on the ICND2 test.
    Wish list:

CCNA Security, CCSP
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    nice one icon_smile.gif well done and good luck with the next one.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    It gives me some confidence, going into the CCNA test, which I'll do the first week of December.

R

I'd give it more time. Ive been studying icnd2 for about 9 months and Im finally going to take it next week. Just a suggestion.
  • BigToneBigTone Member Posts: 283
    Good job on the pass.... You were studying ACLs for the CCENT? Kind of a waste of time considering you aren't really tested on them until part deux. At least you are a step into the ICND2 by now though.
  • eleguaelegua Member Posts: 282
    Congratulations and good luck with ICND2. icon_thumright.gif
    What is the major difference between INCD1 and INCD2?

Oh, and congrats on the pass!
  • BigToneBigTone Member Posts: 283
    What is the major difference between INCD1 and INCD2?

Oh, and congrats on the pass!

ICND1 is routing basics, heavy subnetting, switching, rip, ICND2 is ACLs, Frame Relay, OSPF, EIGRP, some vpn and other wan stuff.
    BigTone wrote: »
    ICND1 is routing basics, heavy subnetting, switching, rip, ICND2 is ACLs, Frame Relay, OSPF, EIGRP, some vpn and other wan stuff.

Thanks! That helps alot. :)
    Congrats on the pass :) We all knew you could do it! Sounds like you have already hit some ICND2 topics. I would say if you feel your ready for it then take it. Sounds like you have been studying some of the ICND2 material already anyways.
  • thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrads on the pass. I am off to mine in three weeks.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
    BigTone wrote: »
    Good job on the pass.... You were studying ACLs for the CCENT? Kind of a waste of time considering you aren't really tested on them until part deux. At least you are a step into the ICND2 by now though.

Yeah, studying ACLs for my ICND1 was a mistake, but it gave me a jump on my studies. I was REALLY rusty on ACLs, as I am on DHCP and NAT/PAT.

I've got my ICND2 work cut out for me.

I'm choosing Dec 8 for my test - I've got to start a big work project the next day.

Thanks everyone,
    R
    Roy Verges, CCNA
    Yeah, studying ACLs for my ICND1 was a mistake, but it gave me a jump on my studies. I was REALLY rusty on ACLs, as I am on DHCP and NAT/PAT.

I've got my ICND2 work cut out for me.

I'm choosing Dec 8 for my test - I've got to start a big work project the next day.

Thanks everyone,
    R

Good luck, if you have any questions I'll be glad to help anyway that I can.