Options

Resume Suggestions

SbritoSbrito Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

Beginning this week I will be looking for a new job(Just completed my MCSE), with that I am updating my resume.

It can be found at Resume - Talking Through Glass

Besides a few formatting issues(wordpress keeps changing my formatting) how does it look? Any tips would be appreciated! icon_cheers.gif

Thanks!
Steve

Comments

• Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    I would make the MCSE more prominent. Its tucked in at the bottom and i nearly missed it.

Its perhaps one of the more golden points that will get you in the door for an interview.
  • Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    To piggy back on what was just said, you should list your experience, education and MCSE up higher on your resume. You have good experience/education/certs, make sure the most important stuff is at top. That's what I've been told anyways - maybe because you get a lot of HR folks who just skim your resume and you want to make sure they don't pass up the important stuff.
  • Options
    SysAdmin4066SysAdmin4066 Member Posts: 443
    On my resume, under my name I list my certifications and education points. It's been very effective thus far and I've only been adding to.
    In Progress: CCIE R&S Written Scheduled July 17th (Tentative)

Next Up: CCIE R&S Lab
  • Options
    SbritoSbrito Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the input everyone. I've updated my offline resume. The sections are now in the following order.

Objective, education, Awards and Certification, Work Experience, Technical Skills.

I haven't changed my online resume yet since I won't be sending that anywhere.

Much appreciated,
    Steve
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've always had my resume professionally written. For $120, you can have it professionally written and this one piece of document is the document that can help you land an interview. It's a cheap investment considering it can help you land a job.

The order my resume is written in is:
    Objective
    Key Strengths
    Education / Certificates
    Work Experience
    Technical Skills
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks