Options

80-640 inc

rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
Taking my first MS exam tomorrow morning. Should be exciting. AD FS & AD RMS are going to be my weak areas, hope I pass.

-Ryan

Comments

• Options
    PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck! if you know your weak areas, hopefully you're spending time today boning up
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • Options
    jrmeulemansjrmeulemans Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took this exam yesterday, and passed with a 783. I aced the lab portion, but the multi-choice I struggled on.

oh yeah, good luck :)
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Dont fret over the RMS and FS. You'll do fine.
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    Dont fret over the RMS and FS. You'll do fine.

AD RMS and Active Directory Objects
    This table may help, especially the information about users. The AD Resource Kit mentioned a specific user requirement about 5 times in various notes, bold face type and special emphasis. That usually means it's on the test. I didn't take the 640 exam, so I can't be violating the NDA and I can't say for sure, but if I were taking the exam I would make sure I knew what user attributes are required to be able to use RMS.
  • Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    Don't worry so much about the CS, RMS, FS, and LDS questions of the exam. If you have a good basic understanding, you can easily eliminate the incorrect choices.
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • Options
    Claymoore wrote: »
    AD RMS and Active Directory Objects
    This table may help, especially the information about users. The AD Resource Kit mentioned a specific user requirement about 5 times in various notes, bold face type and special emphasis. That usually means it's on the test. I didn't take the 640 exam, so I can't be violating the NDA and I can't say for sure, but if I were taking the exam I would make sure I knew what user attributes are required to be able to use RMS.

You said what I couldnt say.
  • Options
    pespi_manpespi_man Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Know your way around Win2008 and the questions are not like the old way of 4 paragrahs, its now just a few lines and straight to the point.

RMS,FS,CS and LDAP are just a small part of the exam.

As long as you know how they work and manage you'll be fine.

Good luck :)
  • Options
    Passed with a 700. I didn't receive anything telling me what areas I was weak on, is that info available on the MCP web site?
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    rsutton wrote: »
    Passed with a 700. I didn't receive anything telling me what areas I was weak on, is that info available on the MCP web site?

You should have recieved a printed score report from the testing provider which will show a bar graph representation of your approximate score in each area.

Edit

I forgot to say congratulations! The first MS cert is always a big deal. Careful, though - certs can be addicting.
  • Options
    You should have recieved a printed score report from the testing provider which will show a bar graph representation of your approximate score in each area.

Edit

I forgot to say congratulations! The first MS cert is always a big deal. Careful, though - certs can be addicting.

Thank you. I did not receive a bar graph from the testing center. So I guess I can't obtain this information from anywhere else? Maybe I will contact the testing center to see why they didn't have that.
  • Options

Edit

I've seen other people say that they dont get a bar graph breakdown paper with the 83-640.

But i got one with the 70-640.
  • Options
    I think I accidentally skipped a VM when I took this test. ugh