Laptop from Best Buy...

cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hello All..

I am searching around for a laptop to use for my college courses and obviously allow to access the internet and my extranet from work while I am mobile. I plan on doing basic Internet, email and word processing. I do plan on loading a few programs here and there to do labs for school (Infrastructure Assurance degree) but anything that will require more processing power will go on my home machine.

With that said, I am trying to find a decent laptop that will get the job done for basic tasks and also allow me to do some minimal multi-tasking.

I'm open to any suggestions at all but I was browsing the ads today and saw this laptop in the Best Buy ad. I decided to look at the specs a bit more closely on the bestbuy site. This seems to be what I am looking for and I'm ok with the price. Any ideas? Do you think the specs are solid for what I am looking for? Worth the price?

I appreciate your input.

HP - Laptop with Intel® Pentium® Processor - Black/Silver - G60-549DX

Comments

• PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think it should be fine for you. My niece got that same one for her online degree and its working fine for her.
  • BigToneBigTone Member Posts: 283
    I noticed when I was at officemax tonight that they had a $750 HP laptop on sale for 550... I would say with a little discernment on your part anything you pick up at one of the big stores for 500 or up you will probably be pretty happy with, especially considering everything is pretty much now on W7 instead of Vista.
  • cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's my biggest selling point. Having Windows 7 on it I think will be a better laptop that can utilize those resources a lot better than if it had Vista. Thanks for your opinions.