Options

Has anyone taken the DeVry online classes?

If so how are they?

TIA

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    abefroman wrote: »

If so how are they?

TIA

The online classes aren't to bad. I really didn't like my experience at Devry as a whole but the online classes I had were ok.
    They are just like any other colleges online portal classes.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    abefroman wrote: »

If so how are they?

TIA

I haven't heard much good about them. If I remember correctly they are very expensive.
  • Options
    ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    There are plenty of graduates and current Devry students on this forum. The classes for my Networking & Communications Degree are right on par. Tons of Cisco based classes as well which is one of the things that attracted me to the degree.

Online school is what you make of it as well.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    ULWiz wrote: »
    There are plenty of graduates and current Devry students on this forum. The classes for my Networking & Communications Degree are right on par. Tons of Cisco based classes as well which is one of the things that attracted me to the degree.

Online school is what you make of it as well.

Interesting, I had not heard this before.
  • Options
    MeanDrunkR2D2MeanDrunkR2D2 Member Posts: 899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Interesting, I had not heard this before.

I'm one of those graduates on here as well.

Very in depth courseload even online. I learned far more online at devry than I did at a state University in person. It's not easy by any means and I had many fellow students who flamed out and didn't take the online courses seriously and they flunked miserably.

Like he said, it's all on what you make of your experience and how you grasp it and learn it. That said, my degree from there has been a huge bonus for me and has opened up more doors for me.
  • Options
    It is different from campus to campus. I had a horrible experience at Devry. English teachers teaching IT, Lazy students in group work, Unorganized lectures, etc. I think the Devrys in the Ohio area (or at least the Dayton/Columbus area) just suck. A friend of my fathers went to another Devry and is now a DBA making crazy money at the AFB and he said Devry helped him out.

IMO I would say if you have other options, explore them, if not, then really pray you have a good school.

BTW they are very expensive, even with scholarships.

EDIT: I don't want to sound like a ***** or anything or knock anyone who has a degree from there at all. I am just saying I had a bad experience and I wish I had explored my many other options rather than go some where because I had the chance to get done in 3 years.
  • Options
    I'm one of those graduates on here as well.

Very in depth courseload even online. I learned far more online at devry than I did at a state University in person. It's not easy by any means and I had many fellow students who flamed out and didn't take the online courses seriously and they flunked miserably.

Like he said, it's all on what you make of your experience and how you grasp it and learn it. That said, my degree from there has been a huge bonus for me and has opened up more doors for me.

Do you list that it is actually from Devry or that you have a degree, Just curious...?
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow and here I thought I was the only graduate with a degree from DeVry

Silly me...
  • Options
    stifloplastiflopla Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I accept with information: There are plenty of graduates and current Devry students on this forum. I'm a student.