Options

Folder Redirection

HandbrakeHandbrake Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi, I have successfully Folder Redirect Client PC to a folder called "\\server\user1" on the server.

The problem is as admin on the server I don't have permission to view these folders, but I have look into the folder permission and try to take ownership by adding domain admins but i think it didn't take it.

Now i lets me open the folder but i can't see nothing..act as if it's empty

So I decided to delete the policy and re-create a policy for folder redirection

this time instead of doing this \\server\user2 ..i browse to a local folder..the result is it put the client folder on their on local hard drive.

I went back in and edit the Policy
reboot client pc then log back on..
some how client pc is still remembering the old policy which i deleted 10 minutes ago. It doesn't seem to see the new policy and not synchronize anything to the new location \\server\user2

by the way "document" folder is a folder i redirect..

Comments

• Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    well first of all, make sure you are getting the current policy by running

gpupdate /force

at the command line. And then make sure the right policies are applied by running either

RSOP.msc

or

GPresult /v

at the command line.
  • Options
    alokin123alokin123 Member Posts: 268
    Handbrake wrote: »
    Hi, I have successfully Folder Redirect Client PC to a folder called "\\server\user1" on the server.

The problem is as admin on the server I don't have permission to view these folders, but I have look into the folder permission and try to take ownership by adding domain admins but i think it didn't take it.

Now i lets me open the folder but i can't see nothing..act as if it's empty

I havent played with folder redirection for a while so i might be mistaken but there should be a setting that gives admins access. By default the user is given full access but not the admin. The setting is called Add the Administrator security group to the roaming profile or something along those lines .

Take a look at these links as they may help:

Appendix: Group Policy Settings for Roaming User Profiles
    Managing Roaming User Data Deployment Guide