Which first? 70-210 or 70-215?

kklentzkklentz Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
As I'm starting to study for the MCSA, I'm not sure which is the better route to follow. Do I take the 70-215 Server exam first and then the 70-210 Professional? Or 70-210 then 70-215?

I do have experience with Windows 2000 Pro every since it came out - home base computer. Also, my work experience involved working with NT 4.0 Server, so can use that for Windows 2000 Server.

I'm just not sure which route is better. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kirk

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I think it doesn't matter much, with NT 4 I did workstation before server, and with 2000 I did server before pro. There's overlap between the two but for the pro you need to know "user stuff" for example, the gui, internet explorer, control panel applets and various client specific features such as offline folders, user migration tools, upgrading issues with applications, running applications etc. Server is more about networking and terminal services, quota's, and some ADS (overlaps somewhat with 70-217), disk management and raid.
    The books for 70-215 don't assume you've done 70-210, neither vice versa.
    Personally if I had to do it over I would take the 70-210 first, just to get the user stuff out of the way and concentrate on the more important topics in the MCSA/MCSE track.
  • msempermsemper Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey, :D

I just started on Sunday my MCSA studying too. The study guide I am using covers both 70-210 and 70-215 exams, althought the title of the book is win2kPro. I planing buying the readiness guide and take 70-210 in a few weeks. Then I going to do the same for the 70-215 and 70-218.
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    best of luck.
    A+ Moderator