Options

Upgrading you MCSA to Server 2008

Hi,

I'm studying for the 70-648 upgrade exam, then hopefully the 70-646.

Some of my colleagues in work are doing the 83-640/70-642 / 70-646 route but they are new to Microsoft Certs.

My head is telling me to stick with the 70-648 upgrade exam route.

I did my 70-291 exam last MaY and am currently reading the Exam Cram 70-642 book just as an alternative slant to the 70-648 MS Training Kit (a bit of light reading).

Any thoughts as to which is the easiest route - option 1 is two exams and Option 2 is three exams (but costs more)?

Comments

• Options
    tuscanituscani Member Posts: 121
    Do you eventually plan on getting EA?

I did the 70-648 and 646 route.. I plan to do EA.
  • Options
    neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    tuscani wrote: »
    Do you eventually plan on getting EA?

I did the 70-648 and 646 route.. I plan to do EA.

no, i'm happy with administrator's role - i work in a school so I get to do desktop support and server stuff.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I had originally planned on the 648, but I felt I could learn the material more if I broke it up into two. For me the main purpose of these exams is the learn the material. So I went the two exam route ( 640 + 642 ) instead of the 648. If you feel you can digest everything well, by all means go for it mate. But dont stop at the SA, go on to the EA. It'd be good to have the E.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    wrote: »
    I had originally planned on the 648, but I felt I could learn the material more if I broke it up into two. For me the main purpose of these exams is the learn the material. So I went the two exam route ( 640 + 642 ) instead of the 648. If you feel you can digest everything well, by all means go for it mate. But dont stop at the SA, go on to the EA. It'd be good to have the E.

Thanks for the replies all.

Essendon: Interesting that you went the two exam route, I'm in two minds but working towards the exams so I can decide later.........

Which route are you other folks out there taking?
    Upgrade Routes 70-648/649 or the single exam routes for the Server 2008 Exams??
    Surely there must be many people in this position.

Look forward to your replies :)
  • Options
    bencairneybencairney Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replies all.

Essendon: Interesting that you went the two exam route, I'm in two minds but working towards the exams so I can decide later.........

Which route are you other folks out there taking?
    Upgrade Routes 70-648/649 or the single exam routes for the Server 2008 Exams??
    Surely there must be many people in this position.

Look forward to your replies :)

I was originally going for 648, but I've now changed to doing them individually. Was getting on well with the 640 material but not so well with 642. So I have decided to split them up and concentrate fully on one at a time now.