Options

Narbik CCIE 2.0 bootcamp

keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
I just got back from probably the most intensive and informative boot camp I have ever taken.

Before going to class you will receive a prep workbook to work through. I however didn't have time to do half if any of the labs but did manage to read a few of them.

On the first day started with a joke and an introductions. Once all the introductions are out of the way down to business. I have heard he has IOS on the brain.. I can say it 100% and some!!! He starts teaching not with a dim light slide show but writing the commands on the board from memory, writing the sub-options from memory, explaining what all of them do and all the possibilities depending on scenarios icon_exclaim.gif This is with drawing the topology, device outputs and not missing a single thing. I can say if you were proud of whatever certification you have got seeing this will make you question yourself icon_redface.gif yet he is so humble about the whole thing.

I will warn you if you were expecting a 8/9am to 5pm class this ain't it! Class is a solid 10-12 hours with the necessary labs and breaks. I found myself going to bed at 12-1am every morning. I'm lucky, I had a game plan that worked for me of waking up at 6am! working out, getting cleaned up and then going to class. Narbik had breakfast, lunch and dinner with the students everyday. Completely unheard of! from any of my experiences of attending any Cisco classes.

During our class we had a few students that were retakes (On a couple from the US and 1 that came over from the UK!), mind you he doesn't charge for retakes for any of his students( he recommends that you take it again before taking the lab) if you have paid for the class even if you have passed the lab. He has a genuine interests in each student not just for making sure you pass the exam but as a real relationship ( that's something you can't buy or fake).

He keeps the learning environment fun and awesome learning experience. With funny stories, simple explanations for what seems complex and no one ever falling asleep because of the constant engagement he has with the students.I have taught IT related classes (for 2 years) but I'm not even on the same planet when it comes to the style, presentation, information and everything else I can think of.

He wants honest feed back from the students (which we all felt like a team) gives honest feedback and recommendations on how to approach the IE without loosing your life and family in the process.

In my opinion there's not another training provider I would use or recommend for the CCIE than Narbik. Also his grandmother has 2 CCIE's. icon_smile.gif
Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons

Comments

• Options
    jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    Thanks for the feedback. I have been contemplating taking his boot camp next year sometime, and this solidifies my decision. Your not the first person I have heard having the same great experience. Thanks!
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for the feedback. I have been contemplating taking his boot camp next year sometime, and this solidifies my decision. Your not the first person I have heard having the same great experience. Thanks!

I plan on retaking the class sometime next year
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    SysAdmin4066SysAdmin4066 Member Posts: 443
    Good to know, and I'm a cali native, so I dont even have to travel :)
    In Progress: CCIE R&S Written Scheduled July 17th (Tentative)

Next Up: CCIE R&S Lab